unattended installation for eset endpoint antivirus client

Guest Zuku

Hello,

I have question, even if I create my own package in ERAC console, I have to choose many options while installing (locally) it and I have to click next next.....

Eset endpoint start with all my settings createg in ERAC, but is there any way to create installation .exe that will be installing itself without need for user activity?

• ESET Moderators

Hello Zuku,

you could push preconfigured package utilizing Remote install feature as described here.

Or you could install a preconfigured installation package locally instead of a push install as described here.

"Double-click the file to execute the installation. We recommend that you perform a silent install with a suppressed restart (see the switch used in the example below) if you do not want to be prompted during the installation. For example: 

"C:\Documents and Settings\eset\Desktop\eset_endpoint_security.msi" /qn REBOOT="ReallySuppress" "

but how to insert these switches inside installer .exe or .msi file?

or I have to open cmd console and write all path "C:\Documents and Settings\eset\Desktop\eset_endpoint_security.msi" /qn REBOOT="ReallySuppress" " ??

I've already done it, during preparing package I have entered here "/qn REBOOT="ReallySuppress"

but after creation package I copy it to local machine and start installation, but installator ask me for many actions during installation and I have to click next. So this down't work :(

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

try to follow steps described below:

1.) create and save MSI package with configuration (name it PKG_With_CFG.MSI)
2.) create and save start.bat file which will contain following: PKG_With_CFG.MSI /qn REBOOT="ReallySuppress"
3.) open ERA Manage Packages option
4.) in Type choose option Custom package
5.) click on Create... button
6.) click on Add File button  and add the files PKG_With_CFG.MSI and start.bat
7.) in the Package entry file option please confirm start.bat file
8.) click on Create button
9.) click on Save as ... button and save the package
10.)  click on Save As ... button (on the right side in the section  Create/Select installation package contents) and save the package. You  should only have chance to save it as exe file this time. 

Running  the file created in the step 10. of above mentioned procedure will  ensure that installation will be running with the parameters defined in  start.bat file and with configuration saved in the PKG_With_CFG.MSI.

Please let us know the result.

I've already done it, during preparing package I have entered here "/qn REBOOT="ReallySuppress"

but after creation package I copy it to local machine and start installation, but installator ask me for many actions during installation and I have to click next. So this down't work :(

When you create a package in ERAC it is not modifying the MSI files that you select when creating a new pacakge. If you are making your changes, and then copying the MSI that you loaded to create the package to a computer, you are not copying a modified MSI file. ERAC creates a package located under: C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\Server\packages\install_v3\<package name here>\package_nt64.nip (for 64-bit). If I remember correctly you can take this package, rename it to package_nt64.exe and then run it from a computer and it will install per the settings created when making the package.