ESS Preventing Smart Card Use

Hi all. I'm hoping to get some help with configuring ESET Smart Security 9 to allow smart cards to work. I have a USB smart card reader, and after much troubleshooting of it not working, I've found that if I completely disable the ESET service, my card reader will work. And, by completely disable, I mean that I have to disable the ESET service in msconfig, and then restart my computer so that ESET is not running at all. Simply pausing protection does not work.

When I visit websites that want me to authenticate using a smart card, ESET is not allowing the website to even prompt me for smart card access, instead just erroring out immediately. I've tried disabling all sorts of different options, but am having a lot of trouble figuring it out and would appreciate any help.

Thanks

• Administrators

Disabling which of the protection modules makes a difference? Does the problem go away after disabling protocol filtering, device control, real-time protection or some of the other modules?

None of that works. I have to completely disable ESET from booting up with the computer by disabling the ESET service in msconfig and then rebooting the computer so ESET is not running at all. I've tried individually disabling each of the services and have not had any luck.

• Administrators

Assuming that Device Control integration is disabled, try renaming C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ehdrv.sys and eamonm.sys in safe mode, one at a time. Instead of booting to safe mode, you can temporarily disable Self-defense and restart the computer prior to renaming the drivers. 

Device Control is disabled. I renamed the files one at a time, rebooted, and it looks like they were recreated. Still no luck though with getting a smart card to work.