NOD 32 and Emsisoft Anti-Malware

LoneGeek810

• Administrators

If you have the full version of Malwarebytes installed, you should disable its real-time protection (especially if you have Windows XP).

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

I have not tried running both programs together—nor do I recommend running multiple anti-malware programs together—but if you are going to try this, I would suggest the following:

1. Disabling all of the realtime file scanning components of one of the programs.
  2. Disabling all of the realtime network scanning components of one of the programs.
  3. Disabling all of the HIPS components of one of the programs.
  4. Create exclusion rules in both programs for the other programs' directories (or files in Windows directories) to prevent them from being scanned
  5. Verify neither program performs a scheduled scan within the same time periods.

That may work, or it may require some additional fine-tuning.  Keep in mind, though, that as anti-malware programs' behaviors and functionalities can change on a daily basis, what works one day may stop working all of a sudden the next day.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Hello,

I have not tried running both programs together—nor do I recommend running multiple anti-malware programs together—but if you are going to try this, I would suggest the following:

1. Disabling all of the realtime file scanning components of one of the programs.
  2. Disabling all of the realtime network scanning components of one of the programs.
  3. Disabling all of the HIPS components of one of the programs.
  4. Create exclusion rules in both programs for the other programs' directories (or files in Windows directories) to prevent them from being scanned
  5. Verify neither program performs a scheduled scan within the same time periods.

That may work, or it may require some additional fine-tuning.  Keep in mind, though, that as anti-malware programs' behaviors and functionalities can change on a daily basis, what works one day may stop working all of a sudden the next day.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thanks, I have disabled ESET's HIPS cause the only mode that is worth anything imo is policy based mode, now everything other than the HIPS I love of ESET...I sure wish you guys would add some rules to auto mode and make interactive mode more user friendly and not near as talkitive cause it will drive most people nuts!

• Administrators

With HIPS disabled, malware can easily turn off your antivirus protection. Use it in default automatic mode which provides protection of crucial system and antivirus processes.