Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Free!) ..?

dxcarnadi

Hello

I use Windows 10.

In the past besides Antivirus software I used
 1) Spybot - Search & Destroy (old version) and
 2) Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Free!)

Since January 2016 I use ESET NOD32 AntiVirus .. and I'm satisfied with it.

Can you tell me whether I still need the 2 software?
Or ... do you prefer another Anti-Malware software?
Thank you.

Hi dxcarnadi,

I myself am using ESS, & MBAM Premium, both scanning in real-time.  I do use SuperAntiSpyware (aka SAS) solely as an "on-demand" scanner.  Personally, I feel the "layered-approach" to my own computer's security has worked the best.

I've had a couple of occasions in past years where I relied solely upon a single Internet Security Suite program to protect me, only to get hit with malware which managed to get through.

As has often been stated, there is no single antivirus, Internet Security Suite, or anti-malware program that will always be 100% effective at blocking all malware floating around the Internet.  Since you indicated you are using MBAM (free version),  I would recommend keeping it for performing on-demand scans as needed.

This is just my own, personal preference.  Obviously, the ultimate decision is yours.

Hope this helps & best regards. :)

I use Nod32 Antivirus and MBAM Premium plus on-demand ADW cleaner and had no issues so far! I have had cases where even though Nod32 was running, I caught a couple of malware and only with MBAM and ADW or Spybot I was able to remove them..spc3rd is right..there is no single software capable to recognizing and blocking all malware.