Windows Live Mail 2012 vers 16 - HOW 2 SCAN with NOD32AV

After doing some in depth reading and calling Eset and Microsoft for that matter, I am in a difficult situation here as we just upgraded "os" to win 7 x32 and to my surprise I JUST noticed today that email ISN'T being scanned, ok I did see that vers 6 of av doesn't support such scanning in vers 16 of 2012 wlmail. My question is such, is there some sort of plug-in to scan email? an alternative to staying clean without emails being scanned? Highly doubtful, LOL Microsoft tried telling me to ditch NOD32AV and use their free Microsoft Essentials "Free of charge" and I said NO WAY IN H{LL, so anyone I am open to suggestions and 1 more thing I did notice Beta 7 of NODav is going to be able to scan such protocols? if true is it stable enough to use as I know it is beta'd. I apologize for long post but am seriously confused and kinda disappointed at the moment after long day after treatment. Again anyone who knows of how to implement such scanning abilities within wlmail 2012 vers 16 would be sincerely appreciated. Confused :huh:

• Administrators

It seems to be a weird tactics to make own software totally undocumented for 3rd party vendors and then offer own solutions.

Note that ESET scans email for malware regardless of the email client use provided that it's received via POP3(S)/IMAP(S) protocols. The only module that won't work without a dedicated email client plug-in is antispam.

Tyvm Marcos as I found it "QUITE" peculiar myself that Microsoft was telling me to ditch "ESET" for their own Microsoft Essentials but they sure enough did, but to update and you can close this topic if want, I have upgraded to beta version 7 in order to get emails scanned with verification of in and out emails via wlmail 2012 vers 16. Confirmed emails are being scanned and the "PLUG-IN" isn't embedded within wlmail either but it def scanning emails as vers 6 WASN'T. Hope this helps out others that are asking similar questions, again Marcos I agree with your analization of "M" so called tactics but I stayed with MY REPUTABLE AV "NOD" and am testing beta 7 x32 4 win 7. All seems swell but 1 issue was after the initial def upd. icon just kept spinning stating was updating virus sigs after update has already completed, a reboot fixed such FYI. Again TYVM for all the years I've been here learning and understanding so many different approaches to security and privacy from so many of you = :blink:  that my whole theroys on certain sh!t was totally misguided and I have Eset and wilders members to thank for such.

• Administrators

The update issue is discussed here and we assume it will be solved shortly by temporarily disabling notifications about newer versions. The issue doesn't affect updating as is more of a visual glitch than a serious issue.

1. TY, Marcos as that is exactly where my next post/reply was, in regards to this glitch of updates continuing after siggys were updated and or after 1hr check up then sticks also. 1st boot-up = DID NOT stick but after reboot and auto 1st scan = from there on this issue has been in affect since. Following and willing to help anyway possible.

• 2 months later...

Is Windows Live Mail 2012 (16.4.3508) now supported by ESET Smart Security?

When I right-click on E-Mails "ESET Smart Security" is in the context menu and "X-ESET-AntiSpam:" in the Mail-Headers.

Although there is still no ESET Toolbar visible in Live Mail 2012.

Edited by User