Dolphin Browser Not Supported?

Go to solution Solved by foneil,

So I've got Eset for my laptop and really enjoy it.  I'd like to use Eset on my Android device but I also use Dolphin as my internet mobile browser which I really enjoy using.  Eset says that Dolphin isn't supported for things like Phishing.  Does that mean that I'm not protected at all when surfing using Dolphin?  Cause I don't intend to give up Dolphin and would rather find a new anti-virus program if I had to...

• ESET Moderators

I am looking for information related to compatibility with other browsers for other features, because it's possible you still have sufficient protection for other things when using an alternative browser. But I believe you are correct regarding Anti-phishing specifically--this is from the in-product help:

• Anti-Phishing integrates with the most common web browsers available on Android OS, for example, Chrome or the default Android web browser.

If I can get more information feature by feature, I will add that information (and this information as well) to the EMS for Android FAQ

• ESET Moderators
  • Solution

I am looking for information related to compatibility with other browsers for other features, because it's possible you still have sufficient protection for other things when using an alternative browser. But I believe you are correct regarding Anti-phishing specifically--this is from the in-product help:

• Anti-Phishing integrates with the most common web browsers available on Android OS, for example, Chrome or the default Android web browser.

If I can get more information feature by feature, I will add that information (and this information as well) to the EMS for Android FAQ

As I thought, the Anti-phishing feature is the only one that requires the web browser, so no other protection features are limited by you using Dolphin--meaning, you still get the benefit of all the other ESET security protection features, of which there are many see hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2744/ 

I'm marking this best answer because it's pretty awesome. Thanks to my Slovak colleagues for the answer to this question so quickly, you know who you are. 

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately, except native Samsung browser, no other is supported by Anti-phishing feature, including Chrome, Opera, Firefox....

post-12539-0-12927300-1465220660_thumb.png

• ESET Moderators

Hello, there are currently some issues regarding this, we are working on it.

By the way, Firefox or Opera are not supported, as they do not provide the necessary API to make Anti-phishing work.

• 3 weeks later...

Usually Chrome is supported, but as @TomasP said there are "currently some issues" I think involves Chrome.

So you might see Chrome being supported in the nearer future again...