what is ERA update?

Go to solution Solved by MichalJ,

hi:

I am studying the logic of ERA 6. I saw there is setting under web console:

admin-> server settings -> updates

but as I know the virus definition update in version 6 is working at cache server or mirror server. so what update did ERA6 do at this page? will it update itself or other things?

thanks a lot for confirm.

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

Hello tbsky, ESET Remote Administrator server, and other components (agent / proxy), do have couple of update-able modules (configuration engine, translator) by which we are able to bring support for new products or their settings. 

For example, next month, we will be releasing a new service release of our Mac product, that will have some new settings, requested by customers, and this will allow us to bring support for this product, without the need to release a new ERA server. So all ERA components should be able to update their modules, to allow the correct functionality of those updates. 

Hello tbsky, ESET Remote Administrator server, and other components (agent / proxy), do have couple of update-able modules (configuration engine, translator) by which we are able to bring support for new products or their settings. 

For example, next month, we will be releasing a new service release of our Mac product, that will have some new settings, requested by customers, and this will allow us to bring support for this product, without the need to release a new ERA server. So all ERA components should be able to update their modules, to allow the correct functionality of those updates. 

hi:

thanks a lot for your confirm. now I understand. I do see these modules in the "about" tag of ERA web console.