Scan Running One Early after Daylights Savings Began

Hello Everyone,

I hope that someone could help with this. We are using ESET Remote Administrator 6 for almost a year and this has not happened before. In ERA we have daily scans set to run at 12 PM and an in-depth scan that is set to run once a week also at 12 PM.  Since around daylights saving began, all computers are running the scan at 11 AM instead. 

I first tried changing the time to 12:02 but that just made the computers run the scan at 11:02.

Today I also deleted the scheduled scans are recreated them none of the scans ran at 12 PM. This was done between 11 AM and 12 PM.  The deleting and recreating of the scans was done today so I have not seen what the behavior is at 11 AM. However at 12 PM the scans did not run.  I have checked that the time on the server is matching those of the desktops and laptops.

Does anyone know of what setting I should change to adjust this behavior. We have several other servers with ERA 6 and all of them are still running the scans at the correct time. 

• ESET Staff

Hello, are you scheduling the scans as "Client tasks" executed by ERA agent, or by entries in scheduler in ESET Endpoint Antivirus / Security Policy? 

Is the check-box "use local time" checked, when you are creating the scan? 

They are entries in the scheduler of the Antivirus policy. . I do not see a check-box for use local time when I am creating the scan. Could you let me know in which step that appears?

Edited by graben

• ESET Staff

If you run the task from the perspective of the client task, you have to set the "use local time". Explained here: hxxp://help.eset.com/era_admin/63/en-US/index.html?time_zone.htm

Maybe you should try this alternative (by this, you will also see the execution history in the ERA web console).

Concerning the scheduler issue, I will check and let you know, what might be the cause. What is displayed in the scheduler window? Is the time changed as well from 12:00 (policy entry) to 11:00 (local scheduler window entry) ? 

• ESET Staff

Hello, I have checked with developers, and as of now, there is a reported issue, that when task has been created during a different daylight setting period, it will run one hour later / early, depending when it was created. I will check with devs when / how this issue will be fixed. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello Michael,

Thank you very much for the update. I really appreciate it. I am looking forward to a resolution.

Best regards,

Mark