2 operating systems: Mountain Lion and Windows 8 on one computer.. what ESET product to use?

Guest Marilyn T. Vitale

Guest Marilyn T. Vitale

Is it possible to use any ESET product on my son's new laptop for college.  It is a MAC book PRO with Mountain Lion OS.  For his business school, he is supposed to put Windows 8 OS on it using VM Fusion 5 software. So, with two operating systems, what product if at all can he use?

• ESET Moderators

Hello Marilyn,

For the Windows OS I would recommend ESET Smart Security and for Mac OS ESET Cyber Security Pro.

More information can be found here.

Regarding the licensing you can find info here, in your case answer to question 13 is applicable:

Q: I have multiple operating systems running simultaneously using virtual machine software such as VMWare, Citrix or Parallels — how many licenses do I need?
A: In situations where the operating systems are running simultaneously, one license per virtual machine is required.

• 7 months later...

Hello All,

I bought the ESET Multi Device Security for 5pcs and 5 devices recently and my new I installed Parallels f9 for MAC on my new MacBook Pro laptop.

How do I go about downloading ESET to this system? Which ESET product should I download for the MAC side and which ESET product for the Windows side? I installed Windows 7 via Parallels on the system.

The mail I got from ESET asked seem to ask me to choose;

For Windows: ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus

For MAC: ESET Cyber Security Pro and ESET Cyber Security

For Mobile devices: ESET Mobile Security For Android

Which is the best configuration to choose from, from the above list? Kindly send in qualified suggestions as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Emma.

• ESET Staff

Hi BroEmma.

You can install ESET Cyber Security Pro on Mac OS and ESET Smart Security on the virtualized Windows OS. Here is a link to our article on how to install Multi-device security products. If you have further questions, feel free to write back or you can take a look at our Multi-device security FAQ.