Not able to list remote directories while connected using sftp (ftp over ssh) after instalation of ESS6

Guest Jan Orłowski

Guest Jan Orłowski

As in the topic.

After instalation of Eset Smart Security 6, I cannot list remote directories connecting with my server over sftp.

On another system in the same local network everything runs OK (so there is no problem at server site, user has rights to list the directory, router's firewall enables this listing).

Connecting from my system using ftp (not encrypted) also works as it should do.

I tried PuTTY, FileZilla, FireFTP, Bitvise SSH.

Using any of above software results in the same situation:

1) connection successful

2) login successful

3) listing directory always results in conection timeout - not matter which directory i want to list

I suppose, that there is an issue with firewall configuration, but I can not find any way to fix it.

Operating system: Windows 7 Pro.

Regards

Thank in advance

• Administrators

If disabling firewall makes a difference, enable logging of blocked communications in the IDS setup, reproduce the issue and post the recent firewall log records here.

• 2 years later...

Hello All,

I am also facing similar kind of issue on one of our Client's Machine. One Software which is using SFTP Connection to move files from Users machine to remote machine after some interval of time.

As per observation same program works on another users machine which is inside same network but ESET NOD 32 not installed on his machine. However on some users machine where ESET NOD32 is installed program  doesn't work.

Please guide and help to overcome this issue.

Thanks in Advance.

• Administrators

Hello All,

I am also facing similar kind of issue on one of our Client's Machine. One Software which is using SFTP Connection to move files from Users machine to remote machine after some interval of time.

As per observation same program works on another users machine which is inside same network but ESET NOD 32 not installed on his machine. However on some users machine where ESET NOD32 is installed program  doesn't work.

This topic was created for ESS v6 which is quite old. With ESS v9 installed, you can run the firewall troubleshooting wizard to see a list of recently blocked communication and to unblock the desired one. We'll draw this topic to a close. Should you need to discuss it further, please create a new topic for ESS v9.