Failed to add license key on ERA V6 server

21jags

• ESET Staff

Hello, as you have opened another topic, where you are asking about activation task, I assume you made it work. Is it correct?

• ESET Staff

I have checked with developers, and we do recommend to open a support ticket with your local support representatives. Please add the full server trace log to the ticket (as we have not seen errors like that before).

• ESET Staff

I was able to get some additional data.

Error type: 2016-03-16 05:04:32 Error: NetworkModule [Thread f78]: ProtocolLayer: unsupported protocol version, ResolvedIpAddress:192.168.15.182, ResolvedHostname:192.168.15.182, ResolvedPort:1532, most probably means, that something else is trying to connect (we do have only one protocol version, field has to be ==1, as verification happens before TLS). Number of unique IPs, that are connecting like this are 23.

Error type: 2016-03-16 05:04:28 Error: NetworkModule [Thread f9c]: Error reported by JobScheduler[Name:Dns job scheduler for not network operation]. Error message is:Out of Bounds most probably means, that DNS packet that was received is non-valid (offset shown outside the packet). This indicates why are those addresses not resolved to IP addresses.

To be able to 100% confirm the DNS errors, we will need a WireShark Dump.

The best way will be to solve this using a support ticket as it might require additional analysis.