ESS - The never ending update

Guest Alex O'brien

Now it's even worse! If you restart or log off, ESET NOD32 Antivirus immediately looks for updates and there you get the never ending "application update"! :angry:

I made the following changes as suggested and temporarily disabled updates by turning off component upgrades, and also set do not update if larger then 1 KB

Under LAN tab, i also checked "Disconnect from server after update, just incase its related to server connection".

Also in Scheduler, disable tasks for updates !!

My Never ending update has ceased for the time being.

I will await a response from the company and be contempt that Real time file protection is still active and my scanner functionality is ok.

Also my Outlook integration had a hiccup, and it seems to be acting normal now as well.

I also cleared update cache then restarted my PC!

Sorry on behalf of Eset for any struggles this has caused !

Hope this helps !

:)

Edit: Noticed that i had a successfull update of last vsd as well !

So i fear it may be a disconnect from server issue ?, who knows :blink:

post-1101-0-77133200-1376962940_thumb.jpg

post-1101-0-12801900-1376963550_thumb.jpg

post-1101-0-46033400-1376971809_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arakasi

Guest ESET fan

wow I just restarted my pc and its also doing an endless update again, seems like eset's server sending worng data?

I'm on Windows 8 Pro 32bit

Guest Nietzsche

happening to me again..................................after I accepted program update. win 7 64 bit, other xp machine okay, no prog update there, and 1 was never asked for on the XP mach.

Guest Dmitry

Server rejects or didnt responds to the client's update request ( incl. program modules). Please find out what the probs. Thx!

Guest Nietzsche

just uninstalled version 7.0.4, and reinstalled,version before upgrade, back to version 7.0.28, spinning blue icon, not spinning now.....

The problem persists. And now it started spinning right after turning on the PC. One question, does it affect detection? Are are computers protected even with this bug?

• ESET Moderators

Hello Duluc,

it does not affect detection so computers are fully protected.

I have this issue on one of my VM and it downloads updates on the background so I have most up to date version of virus signatures 8707

You could check easily which version you have right now, and compare it with version available on update servers here.

Still have the looping here too.  I can not get into my Advanced Set up because of a problem that ESET is hopefully still working on, so I am waiting on two issues.

Guest SunDoggy

Windows 8 Pro Media Centre 64bit - Running ESS 7.0.104.0 Stuck at 8705P

I too had this very same issue and performed a repair on my beta install.  While this updated the virus signature it didn't correct the problem. So I performed a complete reinstall and the update is now working again. Now Running ESS 7.0.104.0 Signature 8708

• ESET Insiders

Uninstalled until the release of the next build. I understand it is beta but the response on this has been too slow.