the following warning occurred: Undocumented serious error (1106)

We are deploying the latest eset file security 6.3 version, there seems to be an error to all the servers when using the proxy server method or may be with mirror method also .

Mentioned error", the following warning occurred: Undocumented serious error (1106)" sometimes disapper themselves and update runs back normally if you troubleshoot one server by clearing the update and then do update as mentioned in one of knowledge based  for home products.

Please advise what can be done with this issue , i cannot troubleshoot or uninstall/restart servers frequently.

shaik

• ESET Staff

Hi @shaik,

When say Home product you mean the KB 537 (hxxp://support.eset.com/kb537/?locale=en_US)?

To be notice, if you using ERAv6, there is no mirror.

Do you can provide us with screenshots?

Edited by Gonzalo Alvarez

Yes i was refferring to that kb, as per the kb you need to configure the proxy to none . but how will the update work when there is no proxy and mirror configuration ?

I removed the mirror and did clear after that also system doesnt take update, i will restart then check on a client but that will not be feasible on the servers.

Please check tthe attached screenshot.

Advise.

shaik

post-11291-0-29149800-1458109996_thumb.png

• ESET Staff

Hi @shaik,

Welcome to ERAv6 (in the good way).

First, forget all you do with the previous ERAv5. You have to understand a few things with ERAv6:

• All communication is handle by the Agent.
    This means you no longer connect to the product or in the other way
  • All things are managed by Task and/or Policy
  • Agent do all things
  • Update, apply policy, send logs, got logs, etc.

The update works because the Agent.

In order to delete the configuration of the Endpoint you have problems,
(by tasks) remove the Agent, reboot, install Agent again.
Configuration will be reset, and any changes you made when setup a Proxy will be gone.
Let me know how that works.

To the error 0x1106, a friend share this list of things to do:

1. Clean cache; Update

2. If that does not help: Switch from "Regular update" to "Pre-release update";
   perform update; switch from "Pre-release update" to "Regular update"; Update

3. If that does not help: Boot to Safe mode & delete ESET's temp folders / files

4. If that does not help: ESETUninstaller

I understand reboot is not usual thing on servers, specially those in operation.
But sometimes you don't have much choice, or just wait to end of the day and
reboot when nobody works.

Try the Endpoint first, Server after that.

Edited by Gonzalo Alvarez

• ESET Staff

We are deploying the latest eset file security 6.3 version, there seems to be an error to all the servers when using the proxy server method or may be with mirror method also .

Mentioned error", the following warning occurred: Undocumented serious error (1106)" sometimes disapper themselves and update runs back normally if you troubleshoot one server by clearing the update and then do update as mentioned in one of knowledge based  for home products.

Please advise what can be done with this issue , i cannot troubleshoot or uninstall/restart servers frequently.

shaik

Hello Shaik,

You have basically 3 options, how you can update ESET products:

1. If they have all direct internet access, and you do not care about every endpoint / server consuming data traffic, you can update directly from the internet
  2. You can take advantage of the Apache HTTP proxy (or any forward proxy with enabled caching). You need to properly configure the proxy configuration in both Tools / Proxy Server & Update / HTTP Proxy.
  3. You can update your installations from a locally installed mirror serer. Mirror server could be created by a corresponding ESET Application that has internet access, or you can use a standalone mirror tool, which is distributed individually. You then need to configure the address of the mirror server in Update / Basic - UPDATE SERVER & UPDATING FROM MIRROR (username & password), if your mirror requires authentication.

Documentation for mirror tool: hxxp://help.eset.com/era_install/63/en-US/index.html?mirror_tool_windows.htm

How to create a mirror from your application?: hxxp://help.eset.com/efsw/6/en-US/index.html?idh_config_update_mirror.htm

How to configure / install Apache HTTP Proxy: hxxp://help.eset.com/era_install/62/en-US/index.html

NOTE: There is one more KB Article named "How do I set up a mirror server for ESET Remote Administrator using Apache HTTP Proxy? (6.x)" which is currently not reachable due to maintenance, however I will link it here as soon as the issue is resolved.

Edited by MichalJ

I have configured my updates all through proxy , as i belive that is the better way.

I do get updates and after some troubleshooting the client update was fixed as i found that migrated old policy was having mirror.

For file servers this error comes up multiple times but end of the day you will get 1 or 2 updates.

Please advise and check if my attached configuration on the eset security product is proper and same done on the agent policy . 

Please advise as i am having this on some 5 servers now but expecting to push the installation to another 100 servers.

shaik

post-11291-0-24759300-1458195372_thumb.png

• ESET Staff

Hello Shaik, to troubleshoot the issue, please send us the log collector output from the machine that is having issues with updates and "error log" from the apache http proxy (it is located in the sub-directory "logs" in the apache HTTP proxy install directory). You can send me those in the private message.

• Administrators

To start off, create an updater log by running the following command with administrator rights:

logman start updater -p {f329ae9a-556d-4934-920f-234e835d9ece} 0xffffff 10 -o C:\eset.etl -ets

Next reproduce the update error. Finally run the following command to stop logging:

logman stop updater -ets 

When done, drop me a personal message with the log c:\eset.etl as well as the output from ESET Log Collector.

I was waiting for the error to occur , as mentioned this error is not persistent after a while eset gets updated automatically.

Now i was able to capture the error as you mentioned. Please see the logs attached in private message.

• 3 weeks later...