ESET Endpoint Security - problem enabling Web Access Protection

sos4eset

Using ESET Endpoint version 6.2.x  -  all of a sudden the Anti-phishing protection had a red notification that is was non-functional and it showed the attached screen fro the Web/email tab.  I cannot get the Web access protection to enable . I have tried a repair on this version 6.2 and upgrading to 6.3 and it did not help.  I did not use the installer with AV remover when I upgraded to 6.3.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

post-5107-0-41308200-1457909550_thumb.jpg

• ESET Staff

Hello, here is couple of questions, that should help us better understand the problem:

• How is your policy from ESET Remote Administrator set? (do you manage your product from ESET Remote Administrator 6?)
  • Can you please let us know, what is the state of the setting "advanced settings (F5) => Web and email => Web access protection => Basic => Enable Web Access Protection
  • Can you revert your settings to defaults - is this problem persistent after the revert?
  • If you run a command "sc query epfwwfp" what is the status?

Alternatively please send us log collector logs.

Edited by MichalJ

Hi --here are the answers:

-- Not using ERA --manage product locally

-- State of WAP is enabled --with blue check mark. Can toggle checkmark but makes no difference.

--Reverted settings to default prior to 6.2 repair and 6.3 upgrade. No difference

--Result of query - State=4=Running

--Ran Log collector --attached

collector_log.txt

Edited by sos4eset

• 4 months later...
  • Administrators

This is caused by an incorrect value of HKLM\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info\PackageFeatures. Could you confirm that you didn't modify ESET's registry values and didn't install an ESET crack when this happened?