Aggain, Eset crashes

Sorry to see your still at it Swex :/

Let me know if you need some help throwing together any data ?

What does procex or process explorer say the svchost is coming from?

Have you stated multiple cores are blasting at 99%? Or is it hyperthreading cpu ? Single core ? with ht?

Sorry to see your still at it Swex :/

Let me know if you need some help throwing together any data ?

What does procex or process explorer say the svchost is coming from?

Have you stated multiple cores are blasting at 99%? Or is it hyperthreading cpu ? Single core ? with ht?

Hehe I wish, no multi core Proc, or hyperthreading stuff here no no, it's an old AMD Athlon 2800+  :D

Thanks for the "helping offer" don't be surprised if you get a PM ;) But I will try to work through it myself first to ee how far I get :P

Edited by SweX

When you encounter the issue, we'll need to get the following:

1, a complete memory dump created manually as per the instructions at hxxp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff545499(v=vs.85).aspx

I have rebooted two times to make it happen, first time into my admin account, and second time into my Lua account. But no, everything is normal. I mean I can't sit here and reboot 100 times waitng for it to happen that won't do it.  :blink:

EDIT:.....................It did happen after another 3'rd restart.

So it did happen and a bsod showed and it said it was dumping the memory or something like that, and I guess the dump got created, but where do I find this location -> (%SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP), and what do you want me to do with it?

Now i'm gonna create a Sysinspector log......Edit: Done!

"4, export of product settings"  

How do I do that when I can't get into the setup tree as egui crashes as you may remember? ;)  All I can say it that they are on the defaults as I haven't been able to change them.

"3, information about installed module"  

Same here I haven't changed to use pre-release updates so they are on stable release modules.

One More UPDATE!......

I just tried to download Win updates by visiting the Win update website (I have them set to notify, not automatic download) So I visit the website once a month when I see the yellow notification popup. Anyway when i got onto the website I clicked on the button to search for updates, but no, one svchost.exe process started using 99% CPU again. SO..I closed the browser, and then clicked on the yellow shield in the tray and the updates got downloaded and installed just fine, and svchost was behaving normally through the update process on the desktop. Just wanted to share this info incase it matters...

I have said it before but can say it again, I use Win XP SP3. (now fully updated)

Edited by SweX

• Administrators

%SystemRoot% should normally resolve to c:\windows. Check if the dump C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP exists, compress it, upload it to a safe location (we can grant you access to our ftp server) and pm me the download link.

• 2 years later...

I see this post is 2½ years old so presumably somewhere there is an easy fix for this issue?

I have many WIndows 7 machines on which Windows update consumes 100% of the processor as soon as ESET Remote Administrator Agent is installed (even before any endpoint is installed).

I've installed Microsoft KB2664888 patches which is the only solution on the ESET site, but without success. Not all machines have the issue, but a fair percentage do. 

Any help appreciated, my ESET roll out is turning out to be very painful, the whole product seems to be a triumph of style over functionality.

I see this post is 2½ years old so presumably somewhere there is an easy fix for this issue?

IIRC. The above issue was a bug with Windows Update itself, MS released an updated which fixed the issue with the high CPU usage. But the quality of the updates that MS push out is not exactly consistent, so it may be something similar again, idk.