Problem after infected files were cleaned

Guest Michiel

Guest Michiel

I ran a full computer scan, and the scan log lists that Eset has cleaned 6 infected files during the scan. When I restarted my computer an error message appeared with the following texts:

RunDLL
There was a problem starting
C:\Users\mmm\AppData\Local\Temp\bptvniwnbyubjnvjfvo.bfg
The specified module could not be found

I ran Windows system restore, but that did not solve the problem. I have Windows 7, and my computer is a Toshina Sattellite Pro laptop.

Is it possible to undo Eset's cleaning of the infected files? Any suggestions?

• Administrators

It's not wise to restore malware just in order to get rid of this message. Please create a SysInspector log and send it to me attached to a personal message.

Please create a SysInspector log and send it to me attached to a personal message.

@Michiel. On the link below you find instructions on how you can do this if you don't already know. :)

How do I create a SysInspector log and submit it to ESET?

Edited by SweX

Michael.

Anything in appdata local temp will never be a legitimate windows file.

Thus to me indicates the virus is gone yet the registry still has a run key to open the virus, yet the virus is missing now.

Proper cleanup still needs to be completed my friend :)

Thanks for your offer to help Marcos. I created a Sysinspector log. But I do not know how to send it to you in a personal message, can you send me your electronic address? mine is {redacted}

I could not submit the log to ESET via the link, because I am asked to fill out a form where I have to provide my Username and Password, which I don't have. I cannot find the email from ESET that I should have received when first installing ESET (an IT person at my work installed ESET and he has left the company). And the instruction how to get my Username via "Update" is wrong; the option to retrieve the Username does not appear in my ESET version when I click Update.

Edited by Aryeh Goretsky
email address removed for privacy + antispam reasons

• Administrators

We've fixed it during a remote session. There was a shortcut in the startup folder attempting to load a non-existing dll.

We've fixed it during a remote session. There was a shortcut in the startup folder attempting to load a non-existing dll.

Very nice.

Did we get the registry references too?

Glad its all good now.

:)