ERA remove previous policy configuration

Hello,

I am needing help with removing old policy configuration on computers. 

I am using ESET Remote Administrator (Server), Version 6.3.136.0 with ESET Endpoint 6.3.2016.0.

I have a Static Group named "TEST" where I test policies on. I apply the policy to the "TEST" group. Then I will place a computer in the "TEST" group. The computer in the "TEST" group inherits the policy as it should. When I remove the the computer from the "TEST" group, the policy is removed. I checked this in the computer details under "Applied Policies." However, even though the policy is removed, it still has the same configuration that policy set on it. Is there a task I can run or policy I can apply that will revert the Endpoint's configuration to the defaults? Thank you for your time.

• Administrators

We recommend creating a new static group (e.g. called "Reset defaults") and assigning it a policy with default settings. When you move TEST computer to this static group, the policy with default settings will be applied.

Settings do not revert to default values if a computer loses membership in a particular group with a specific policy assigned. They can only be overridden by another policy.

Thanks, this worked. However I will note that by default in Endpoint, Web Control is off. So if the previous policy had Web Control Rules, and you try to overwrite it with a policy mirroring the defaults, it won't work. You will have to create a policy with a new web control rule to overwrite the previous rule. I set the rule to allow all categories. This is effectively the same as having web control off and it overwrites in previous rules you had in web control.

post-11379-0-75904100-1457742562_thumb.png