MS Win 10 upgrade push hooking into eset ss too

Running Win 7 X64 on my newly built rig, and have no intentions of upgrading the o/s version to win 10, infact i have been proactive in avoiding downloading/installing all known associated  updates that MS has been trying to push  to those who do not want win 10 in it's present form

ESS had been set to alert me to critical ms system updates, all the  get win 10 upgrade nag ware  ect where not downloaded/installed , after disabling  a task  in the task scheduler i noticed a scheduled task for the eset service to reset it's settings  for win 10 upgrade to happen on the 11/03/16 at 4:30 am, So as i had not set any tasks for eset, i can only assume  it's built into eset based on the win 10 upgrade nonsense , well it won't be resetting anything now because the task that was unauthorised has been deleted

This is my rig, and i control what it does or does not do, And if i did wish to upgrade my os, i certainly wouldn't be doing the in-place method,

A friend of mine bought a rig ready made, with win 8.1 installed , he upgraded to win 10, and blocking all it's spyware and data collection is a joke,  he has probably the worst version for hands on control as its w10 home

Just thought i would put it out there about this potential unwanted  reset of esets settings  for other win7 customers out there, it may even apply to win8.1 users too

• Administrators

1, ESET only visualizes information about available updates. The information is provided by the operating system itself.

2, The task you mentioned does not reset settings. Its purpose is to exports settings so that if the user is running a version of ESET not compatible with Windows 10 and upgrades to Windows 10, the settings will be imported automatically after a Windows 10 compatible version is installed.

Well i can only report on what i saw in the task scheduler, Also wouldn't it be a little questionable  importing old  rules/setting from a different version of eset never mind old settings being compatible with a different version of os ? seems likely to be problematic to me,