Unable to Sync Incoming Email (since 9 March) without turning off

I have been unable to sync/receive incoming email for the last day or so.  When I turn off Email Client Protection I receive emails fine.

I have had no problems sending emails.

I am using Windows 10 and eMclient (but also tested on Mailbird and has the same problem).

Thanks,

I

• Administrators

Just to make sure, switching to pre-release updates in the advanced update setup doesn't make any difference?

It seems that a certificate error causes this problem. I am running a mail-backup software (MailStore) and this program reports an SSL certificate error and cannot get the emails.

After disabling mail checking completely in Eset all works fine again.

• Administrators

For not supported clients listed in the email client integration settings or Mozilla Thunderbird, you'll need to import the ESET root certificate to your email client's CA certificate store manually for SSL communication / scanning to work. If the email client honors certificated in the system Trusted Root CA certificate store, no manual intervention should be needed.

This is, yet again, affecting me.

NOD32 has become a real pain in the *** after Windows 10 came out. It's not long before a virus signature/component update breaks things in the OS. Later on an update fixes things just to happen in the future again. It's happened way too many times. I'm sorry, Eset, but this time for real I'm not renewing my subcription. Enough is enough.

• Administrators

I was able to backup emails from my gmail account with MailStore Home 8 (chose portable install) on Windows 10. ESET Smart Security v9 was installed and SSL/TLS scanning enabled. I'm willing to connect remotely to anyone of you and investigate the issue.