Encrypted Network Traffic - Alert

Hello all, I'm not sure if this is a normal issue to the operation of the Eset smart security software, but it seems as though I am constantly spam with the alert for "Encrypted Network Traffic - Untrusted Certificate" alert for the various google ad tracking websites constantly. For example "googleads.g.doubleclick.net" If I hit the radial button to "Remember action for this certificate" it will not be but a few minutes later that this alert along with other various google advertisement pages to do the same. I find it rather annoying during the web browsing process to constantly have to hit "block / allow" to view any website.

Currently this happens across multiple Windows 10 desktops - Pro 64-bit

Multiple browsers - Edge, Chrome (Seems to be more predominate in Edge)

DNS Provider: OpenDNS

I think because this is my first post I cannot post screen captures

• Administrators

Please continue as follows:

- make sure that the system date is correct

- restart the computer (do not launch any application)

- disable SSL/TLS scanning and click OK

- enable SSL/TLS scanning and click OK

- launch a browser and try to reproduce the issue.

Let us know if the problem persists.

• 1 year later...

I have been having this same issue. I have followed the steps listed above, and also updated eset, but the issue is still present.

This seems to be an issue specific to chrome. I run firefox as well and have not had the same issues.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, tarzankayaker said:

I have been having this same issue. I have followed the steps listed above, and also updated eset, but the issue is still present.

This seems to be an issue specific to chrome. I run firefox as well and have not had the same issues.

See https://forum.eset.com/topic/11526-encrypted-network-traffic-untrusted-certificate/.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 4:01 PM, MysticZealot said:

Hello all, I'm not sure if this is a normal issue to the operation of the Eset smart security software, but it seems as though I am constantly spam with the alert for "Encrypted Network Traffic - Untrusted Certificate" alert for the various google ad tracking websites constantly. For example "googleads.g.doubleclick.net" If I hit the radial button to "Remember action for this certificate" it will not be but a few minutes later that this alert along with other various google advertisement pages to do the same. I find it rather annoying during the web browsing process to constantly have to hit "block / allow" to view any website.

Currently this happens across multiple Windows 10 desktops - Pro 64-bit

Multiple browsers - Edge, Chrome (Seems to be more predominate in Edge)

DNS Provider: OpenDNS

I think because this is my first post I cannot post screen captures

I can access googleads.g.doubleclick.net w/o issue in both IE11 and Edge. Appears the problem is with Chrome.

11 hours ago, tarzankayaker said:

It happens on firefox and edge aswell. Don't know what causes it. I haven't had issues since I erased eset completely > reset windows firewall to default > reinstalled eset as of YET.

Could be extension related as well don't know I use ublock origin + privacy badger. It just randomly started to occur recently as before I'd see it maybe once in a while not over and over on the same certificate I just allowed + remembered. 

15 hours ago, rept30 said:

Could be extension related as well don't know I use ublock origin + privacy badger.

Possibly. Temporarily disable each, one at a time, and see if that resolves the issue.