ERA Mysql replication problem

Setup the replication successfully for Active/Passive and now testing the failover process.

ERAServer is refusing to start on passive pair when testing failover and is complaining of following 

CReplicationModuleBase: Peer uuid stored in databased: 'uuid xxx' is not matching peer uuid stored in install configuration: 'xxxx'

I noticed that EST runs some mysql setup files in 

/opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server/setup/Database/MySQL/SetupScripts/Install 

and the .sql file called 2_do_install.sql contains the UUID. 

Now my passive ESET server has a different UUID to the Active and i need it to match so that a successful failover can take place..

Any help and guidance is appreciated 

Kind Regards

Edited by MohamedRidha

• ESET Staff

Setup the replication successfully for Active/Passive and now testing the failover process.

ERAServer is refusing to start on passive pair when testing failover and is complaining of following 

CReplicationModuleBase: Peer uuid stored in databased: 'uuid xxx' is not matching peer uuid stored in install configuration: 'xxxx'

I noticed that EST runs some mysql setup files in 

/opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server/setup/Database/MySQL/SetupScripts/Install 

and the .sql file called 2_do_install.sql contains the UUID. 

Now my passive ESET server has a different UUID to the Active and i need it to match so that a successful failover can take place..

Any help and guidance is appreciated 

Kind Regards

How you installed those SERVERs? Cluster installation or they are completely different installation now configured to connect to the same database? How do you expect it to work?

Instance UUID is stored in /etc/opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server/config.cfg and in case both SERVERs are sharing one database, they have to share also UUID - and it must be the same UUID as in in database. Please ignore UUID that you found in sql scripts - it is only default value replaced during installation process.