ERA agent can't connect to Server

Go to solution Solved by MartinK,

I've an ERA server 6.3.136 running in Windows 2003 SP2 x86. All clients can't connect to ERA server. But if I restart eraserversvc, some clients could connect to ERA server. But it just could work only for few minutes. Then all clients can't connect to ERA server again. In client, I check the status.html, it show the kind of message:

Error: CReplicationManager: Replication (network) connection to 'host: "192.168.1.15" port: 2222' failed with: The connection will be closed due to timeout

I've check the processes in the ERA server, the 'eraserver.exe' is running. And I could logon to web console. I also check the trace.log of the ERA server. I see many error like below messages:

2016-03-07 07:01:39 Error: NetworkModule [Thread 13d8]: Container not found. Socket connection was probably closed., ResolvedIpAddress:192.168.1.104, ResolvedHostname:CASEY, ResolvedPort:4522

Should I do something to fix it?

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

Could you please check creation date of msi installer you used to upgrade - exact date could be checked in digital signature section? We had problem that were fixed almost immediately but there is a chance your installer is not correct. Could you try to download current installer from ESET webpage and compare it with installer you used? Repairing SERVER to the latest and fixed version should fixed this issues.

I saw the timestamp is January 12, 2016 9:38:56 AM in the digital sigunatures tab. I try to download ERA 6.3 from ESET website. It has newer timestamp. Remove ESET Remote Administrator Server then install the newer version. The issue be resolved. Thank you for your information.

• 3 months later...

I'll add in we had the exact same errors on our system (different IP's obviously). Client machines were intermittently getting through to the Admin server (6.3.136).

My own workstation for example last connected at 8:25am today, and it's now 3pm. The logs on my machine were full of the "Error: CReplicationManager: Replication (network) connection to 'host: "eset.mydomain.com" port: 2222' failed with: The connection will be closed due to timeout"

The IP was resolving properly too.

On the server side there were lots of errors like: 

Error: NetworkModule [Thread 9f4]: Container not found. Socket connection was probably closed., ResolvedIpAddress:10.2.14.239, ResolvedHostname:10.2.14.239, ResolvedPort:62303

and

Warning: NetworkModule [Thread c68]: The connection will be closed due to timeout. Resolved endpoint is NULL

Did a repair install using the newest MSI and now it seems to be fixed.