Windows Security Center indicates that the feature is not installed or is not running properly

Eset 6 has more security features and has a good engine but the remote administration tool is becoming annoyance as task to do simple remote installation increases by going to server task and then client task and activation so many tasks....

Well i am living with it but main issue is now that all my clients show this error"Windows Security Center indicates that the feature is not installed or is not running properly"  my domain policy is no security center and windows firewall since long. Now that eset has firewall feature i have it with the domain level network trust and automatic mode.

Whenever new client is deployed it turns to yellow warning mode with above error, tried my level best to resolve , support is no good for middle east customers.

Please advise what can be done as i am stuck with eset now as it has been renew for 1 year for my 1300 clients.

Thanks in advance.

Shaik

• ESET Staff

In general, this indicates a problem that Windows Security Center detects with our firewall (if ESET Endpoint Security firewall is installed). Are there any other issues reported, from the ESET Application itself, or this is the sole error reported from the affected machines? Is this issue permanent, or are you able to resolve it somehow? Or it gets away, as soon as ESET Endpoint Security is installed?

We found this on majority of computers, and apart from this we have same status on sub product:  Antivirus  also, when will the alerts rechecked or resettled by default ?.

for firewall alerts we disabled the notification in agent settings but what about antivirus what shall i do ?

Thanks for response.

shaik

• ESET Staff

Can you send me the screenshot of affected computer in the private message. Ideally the client details part with all of the displayed alerts?

Also, what is the configuration of your Windows Security center settings?

Until ESET Remote Administrator 6.3, it is checked every 10 minutes, however after the release planned for summer, this behavior will be changed in the following way:

- as soon as ESET Security Product is installed, functionalities included in it, are automatically ignored (not controlled anymore against Windows Security Center).

- for example, if you have EES installed, checks for AV, FW, and Updates are disabled. But if you disable the FW feature in EES during installation, it´s then checked by security center.