Free Trial Will Last For 364 days

Hello: I've used SS for some years, though I've used an alternative for a few months but decided to go back to ESET. Downloaded & installed OK as trial, (latest version) Bought the full product & got a key - I then went into activate & the key was accepted OK & showed the name of the PC & I clicked done.

I now though have though the info on the home screen - 'You are protected - Your free trial expires in 364 days' This is also at the bottom of the home screen. However under where it gives the last update time next to the picture of a key it says: 'Licence valid until 3/3/17

The two boxes 'Buy licence & Activate full product are still there, I've tried re-activating & a reinstall to no avail, & SS is updating OK & has the latest definitions so seems to access the servers OK, PC rebooted several times. OK Any ideas?

Windows 10, up to date, other security software - Mbam.

Thanks - Paul

• Administrators

Did you install ESS v9 from ESET's website and activated a trial version after installation? Please provide a screen shot of your ESET gui.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

It seems there are some entries from the trial version left over.

Please uninstall the product completely and then perform a clean installation, it should be reinstated correctly then.

You can follow the steps here: hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2788/

Regards,

T.

I tried uninstalling again & reinstalling to no avail, so I tried again using and also used the Eset Uninstaller in Safe Mode & then manually removed all remaining Eset folders & registry entries (including hidden) with the same result & used no trial.. I then restored a full C:\ image I did a few days ago & installed using the full 64 bit SS installer (did not use the trial) which surprisingly gave exactly the same result as in the screenshot.The only thing I can think of is this PC did have Eset SS on back in November when I installed Windows 10 which is when I later used an alternative AV but then had had a full version of SS on for some time - Everything I've tried today & last night has given the same result as in the screenshot. Regards .. Paul

• 3 weeks later...

I too have a similar issue after  buying a new 1 yr license digital version  so just the un activated key supplied , after i entered it in to eset v9 it displayed  this trial info of 365 days ??  and there hasn't been a trial license  used on this  pc  any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

I have this same exact problem. It seems to be working fine, but it still says I'm using a trial and has buttons for me to "Activate the full product."

Here's the same.

But additionally i encountered a problem after i desinstalled ess: the "eset personal firewall" entry was left at the device settings of my network card and blocked completely my network conections.

It was not funny to search (and finally find) the causing thing. A "normal" user surely wouldn´t be able to resolve this problem.

sincerely,

Tillich