Help with very problematic renewal please!

Hello,

I am having some real bad problems trying to renew my 2-year SmartSecurity 8 subscription! I hope that you can help.

(Edit: System Info)

Machine: Acer Aspire E1-470

AV: ESET SmartSecurity v.8.0.319.0

I live in Vietnam. I purchased the software online 2 years ago while living here. It seems that the Vietnam (and perhaps Singapore) support is quite completely and utterly broken! That is why I am contacting you instead. Every attempt that I make to renew either results in a 404 page or bounced email.

I had sent in a support request ticket as described in ORIGINAL SUPPORT REQUEST at the bottom of this post. The ticket was arbitrarily closed with no contact or support given. When I followed the instructions in the "Notification for closed ticket" email that was sent and followed the link to "open a new service request by filling in this short online questionnaire". It bounced into my spam folder twice for the one request! I repeated this again a few hours later with the exact same results. I just tried contacting Singapore at support@eset.sg and it bounced too! Reasons for bounces were:

1. Failed Recipient: itsupport@nod32.com.vn Reason: The mailbox is full
  2. Failed Recipient: xxxxx@eset1.onmicrosoft.com
    Reason: Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 [bFD] Sender prohibited by SPF
    Failed Recipient: xxxxx@eset1.onmicrosoft.com
    Failed Recipient: xxxxx@eset.apac.microsoftonline.com
  3. Technical details of permanent failure: rejected by the server for the recipient domain eset.sg by mail.mailbox-demo.com. [203.186.131.114].
    The error that the other server returned was:
    554 5.1.1 <support@eset.sg>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table
In case you ask, I have followed the instructions (several times!) on "How can I contact my local ESET partner for support?" (KB Solution ID: KB570 |Document ID: 15977|Last Revised: February 3, 2016) and "How can I contact my local ESET partner for support?" (KB Solution ID: KB3742 |Document ID: 10617|Last Revised: December 10, 2015.)

Neither of them have solved my problem either. I keep on getting the same results as are described in this post.

All I want to do is renew my subscription for another 2 years. I have been trying for several days now. Why should that be so hard?

Can you help me please?

Thank you,

David

(ORIGINAL SUPPORT REQUEST)
---- Support request automatic generated mail (TSI) -----

Case type: Activate
Case issue: Actother
Username: xxxxxxxxx
Email: xxxxxxxx
Subject: Trying to renew 2-year license for SmartSecurity 8 - Expires on 3/7/2016

User wrote: I am trying to renew 2-year license for SmartSecurity 8. It expires on 3/7/2016. The renewal is not working.

When I follow the renewal links in the application it brings me to a blank 404 page at hxxp://ht-dist.com/estore/

When I try to renew online through ESET international page it says there is no record of my username???

I have verified that my username is correct through ctl+U in the program and through the original purchase email.

I can use my username and password without any problems to log in to "My ESET".

I purchased this product online while living in Vietnam. I am still living in Vietnam.

Help!

Thank You

David 

Edited by blankslate

• Administrators

Hello David,

We apologize for the inconvenience; we'll check what's wrong with this Vietnamese partner. In the mean time, you can use a temporary license that you'll receive as a personal message momentarily. We'll keep you updated.

regards,

Marcos

Hi Marcos,

Thank you for replying to my problem and for your offer of a temporary license key. That was a kind gesture and I appreciate it.

I had begun trying to renew my (multi year, multi device) ESET subscription back on 2/29. I have come to learn over this past week through bounced emails, 404 pages, endless feedback loops, and rejected support tickets that ESET’s marketing and support in Vietnam and Singapore has ceased to function. I have also tried resolving this through Bratislava (support ticket – no response), IM on ESET’s Facebook page, and this forum. I also tried and failed to be able to renew through ESET’s international and US websites. I have been through, I think, every ESET KB article I could find that even remotely addressed the renewal process. I have spent many, many more hours than I really want to think about trying to simply renew my license.

My partner and I travel extensively through Southeast Asia and rely heavily on our computers for our work. We need strong reliable protection from the dodgy networks and websites that we are regularly exposed to.

So yesterday, faced with the immanent expiration of the ESET license on 3/7, with no solution in sight, I purchased and installed Kaspersky. Their support and sales were functional and responsive– I checked. Once I got back up and running, I opened my email and there was your note!

I think we only missed each other by about an hour or so. Oh well. Bought and paid for, you know?

I think ESET has a good product. We have enjoyed using it and it has protected us well this last couple of years. They really need to take a hard look at their Southeast Asia operations though, if they want to remain relevant in this region. It shouldn’t be so incredibly hard to do a simple renewal.

If ESET wishes to investigate this, I would be happy to provide what documentation (bounced emails, etc) I have in order to assist them. Just let me know through a PM on this forum.

Again, I appreciate your responding to my problem and the offer of the license key. That was nice of you. :)

Best wishes and good luck! 

David