ESET Agent | Agents not reporting to ERA over VPN

Go to solution Solved by MartinK,

Hi Everyone.

Another issue i have.

I have two branches in two different geo-locations.

I was able to deploy an agent using ERA 6 on a remote computer successfully (that's two different locations connected with VPN between the fortigates.)

I got the respond the installation was successful but was the computer doesn't light up with status on the ERA page.

What can i do to check it out?

and am i missing any ports i should open\forward which are not written in the KB?

Regards,

Aviel

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

Easiest would be to check file C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\status.html on client for replication errors. As you mentioned, it will be most probably network-related but there are multiple possibilities like:

• blocked port
  • hostname cannot be resolved or is resolved to invalid address
  • SSL/TLS certificate is not correctly validated for some reason
  • AGENT may be configured for connection to different hostname/IP than expected - this may happen especially in case you used live installer or remote deployment.

In case status.html won't contain useful information, you may search C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\trace.log for errors.

Turns out I forgot some Ports to be opened from the other side back.

Issue was resolved due to blocked ports.

Thanks Martin for the quick answer and help! That link would be quite helpful for future issues