Blocking of Https URLs

Go to solution Solved by puff-m-d,

Hi,
Currently running ESET NOD32 AV 6 and I am attempting to block social networking sites.  Can't seem to block the encrypted/Https version of these sites. For example, to block the ever so popular facebook, I went in to Advanced setup - Web and Email - Web access protection - URL address management, I checked List active and added the following addresses to the List of blocked addresses:

*facebook.com*

https://*facebook.com*
https://facebook.com

www.facebook.com

Any suggestions?
Thanks

• ESET Insiders
  • Solution

Hello,

Have you enabled SSL protocol filtering by navigating the Advanced Setup GUI to: Advanced setup > Web and email > Protocol filtering > SSL and checking the "Always scan SSL protocol" box?

post-1033-0-21541500-1376595488_thumb.png

Edited by puff-m-d

Thank you for the response that solved my problem.  However, this can be bypassed by disabling the real-time protection.  Is there a way to lock the real-time protection or password protect it as well as making changes in the advanced setup?

Well, I am about to answer my own question here, but this may help someone else.  To password protect settings (this includes disabling real-time protection as well). Go to Advanced Setup - User Interface - Access Setup and click set password....
Also thanks again puff m-d for the help!

Edited by TylerTerrefTech(TripleT)

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

Glad that solved your "Blocking of Https URLs" issues and good to see you found the password protection options. Good luck!

• Administrators

It's not clear what connection you meant between enabling SSL scanning and disabling real-time protection which are two completely different and independent things.