Endpoint antivirus 6.3.2016.1 very slow on Windows 2003 TS

marbarb

Hi all,

I'm new at eset and happy with this great software and I have two questions:

1.) I have an old windows 2003 terminalserver. On the server runs visual basic 6. The sourcecode is saved on a network share (1 Gbit LAN). The network shares and the visual basic 6 file extensions have been defined as exceptions (f. e. \\server\source\*, frm, vbp. frx, etc.).

When we open a visual basic 6 project it takes 2 minutes to open a project. When we disable eset it takes 15 seconds. What can I do to get this faster?

2.) We use Exchange with ESET Mail Security for Exchange and we want to delete all the attached office files from incoming mails. So we have added an eset mail transport rule and it works fine. How can we ensure that office files inside zip files are not deleted from the mails?

Best regards

Markus

• Administrators

This is a known issue with v6 and Windows Server 2003. The issue is being currently investigated. So far it looks like a bug in FltMgr on Windows 2003 but it hasn't been 100% confirmed yet. The fact is that FltMgr on Windows 2008 returns correct results to the eamonm driver and therefore the issue doesn't occur on this OS.

As for the second question, it's usually malware that spreads via files in archives so it doesn't make much sense to remove Office files and keep only those in an archive. Do you receive legitimate documents with macros that should not be blocked / removed?

PS: Next time it'd be better to post different questions in different topics in the appropriate forums so that particular questions can be marked as solved and other users interested in knowing the answer would be able to find it in the appropriate product forum.

Hi Marcos,

thank you for your quick answer. It does make sense because the current trojans do not send infected office files in zip files yet. So we want to block all attached office files. Our customers sent office files always zipped, so we want to accept these attachments.

I have no other strategy again the current threads like locky.

Best regards

Markus