Jump to content

automatic update stopped working 2 weeks ago & I have a valid license

Recommended Posts

as in the subject, the automatic database update stopped working 2 weeks ago. It constantly showed that it was updating yet it was not updating.

I have a valid license dated to the 29/11/2016.

I uninstalled the orogram & reinstalled it & now it shows that I am on a 30day trial.  It would not accept my license key.

I took a photo of my license details that I took from the program before I  uninstalled it.


What is going on here?


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Moderators


It seems you have activated the application with a license registered to a different email address than the email address of your primary Google account associated in your phone.

In that case, upon reinstallation, the app looks for a license under the Google account email and when it fails to find one, it gives you the opportunity to activate a free trial. It looks like you somehow accepted the free trial and now the app has a working license with premium features enabled, so it won't try to activate with different credentials while already activated (even if just as a trial), until the trial expires. Once it expires, you should have no troubles activating with your original license.

Thanks for your understanding,


Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...