V7-Advanced Setup

Okay, I had a real problem with V6 after long using it.  I did a deep uninstall today and got V7  going.  

A problem with hips not loading, but I got it running with 'repair'.  

My big issue is that I can't get into Advanced Setup without a freeze and then I am stuck with having to go to ctrl/alt/delete to get going again without the screen dead and nothing moves.

I click 'advanced setup' and nothing happens but the freeze up.

I am running XP, up to date.

Any remedy?  I am very loyal to ESET for like 10 years and I am now having to really work at that loyalty.  

What to do, any ideas?  I can't get to the new modules update if that would be an answer.       KOR-

Edited by KOR

Haha it seems KOR and I are having the same issues on XP SP3, First the firewall issue, and now he shares the info about that he can't get into the setup tree, same problem as me too, must be connected to XP SP3 surely. I'm sure we'll get it sorted very soon....

• Administrators

The issue should only occur on systems with old processors not supporting SSE2. It was fixed yesterday in Internet protection module 1076 for v5 and v6 users. V7 users will receive an updated module 1078B soon.

Hey SweX.  Yes and what a challenge after a couple days of work on my end and probably you too have been scratching your head wondering what to do, we now find out a possible answer.  I am going to hang on with v7 until the new module is updated.  Let us see.  KOR-

The issue should only occur on systems with old processors not supporting SSE2. It was fixed yesterday in Internet protection module 1076 for v5 and v6 users. V7 users will receive an updated module 1078B soon.