Merge exceptions in policy settings?

Is it possible to merge list of exceptions that i`ve configured in ERA server policy with local exceptions list on server or workstation?

Because when I apply policy with addded exceptions  it`s replace local exceptions list

And second question, is it possible to allow manual edit for settings where policy is applied? FOr example, for exceptions?

I want to add exceptions in policy, but also want to add exceptions manually from client, and want that these exceptions cam be merged but not replaced from policy

Edited by RedLine

• ESET Staff

Just to add, for both of your use-cases, we are currently tracking change-requests for the future versions of ERA 6.x & Endpoint 6.x therefore they will be fixed in the future. As scope for the upcoming version is not yet closed, we can´t promise exact dates, but I wanted to let you know, that we are aware of those issues, and are working on changing the product behavior.

• 4 weeks later...

The ability to assign multiple policies with different exclusions to a client is urgently needed.

We need to define a exclusion policy for the server OS, then another with exclusions for installed software. And because there is no possibility to set local exclusions on the client, we need to create another policy to exclude programs installed at one client only.

The fact that we have to create a policy with all exclusions for each Server makes dynamic groups useless. 

• 6 months later...

The ability to assign multiple policies with different exclusions to a client is urgently needed.

We need to define a exclusion policy for the server OS, then another with exclusions for installed software. And because there is no possibility to set local exclusions on the client, we need to create another policy to exclude programs installed at one client only.

The fact that we have to create a policy with all exclusions for each Server makes dynamic groups useless. 

Absolutly agree with tomha.

I noticed the same today. Should really be implemented asap!

In my view, this is something you cannot without it.

I would like to see this possibilities with Exclusions, especially regarding let's call them "local client exclusions" :

- Ability to add local client exclusions on the Client-UI (means, add exclusions directly on Client, not in ERA)

- Ability to define Exclusions (in ERA) to force ERA Exclusions (replace or make local client exclusions useles)

- Ability to define Exclusions (in ERA) and merge with local Client Exclusions (should be the Default - i think)

Any News about Exclusions in 6.4.X ?

Absolutly agree with tomha.

I noticed the same today. Should really be implemented asap!

In my view, this is something you cannot without it.

I would like to see this possibilities with Exclusions, especially regarding let's call them "local client exclusions" :

- Ability to add local client exclusions on the Client-UI (means, add exclusions directly on Client, not in ERA)

- Ability to define Exclusions (in ERA) to force ERA Exclusions (replace or make local client exclusions useles)

- Ability to define Exclusions (in ERA) and merge with local Client Exclusions (should be the Default - i think)

Any News about Exclusions in 6.4.X ?

...the same thing i am missing with "Scheduled Tasks"