ESET Endpoint Security causes network blip on install

THoodCanCo

We are currently pushing out EES using ERA 6.x. We have a policy in place that disables the ESET firewall after installation. During installation, however, our test users saw a drop in network connectivity for a split second. Unfortunately, this had the effect of dropping SQL connections for applications, dropping RDP sessions, etc. I am assuming this is due to the initial install state of the firewall, but I don't know that for certain.

Is there any way to prevent this behavior before I try pushing out org-wide?

Thanks!

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

What OS is that on? From Vista and higher, the connection should not be dropped, as we make use of the available Windows Filtering Platform and don't need to break the communication in order to insert our driver.

T.

We also had similar issue at the time of  Manual installation of  EES and we have ignore that......But such issue never occurred during the push installation.  

Windows 7 and one 8.1.

It appears to be a very quick drop-out, nothing reported by the OS, but connections such as SQL, RDP, and our helpdesk remote assistance software all drop connection during the install, either manual or pushed from ERA. It's not a huge issue but if it can be stopped, all the better.