Error: Service [Thread 162c]: GetOptions: rpc call returned error: Failed to get values, path server.syslog.use_syslog

Go to solution Solved by MartinK,

In the trace log I see this line but cannot figure out what to do to fix it

Error: Service​ [Thread 162c]: GetOptions: rpc call returned error: Failed to get values, path server.syslog.use_syslog

Martin

• ESET Staff

In the trace log I see this line but cannot figure out what to do to fix it

Error: Service​ [Thread 162c]: GetOptions: rpc call returned error: Failed to get values, path server.syslog.use_syslog

Martin

Could you please provide:

• version of ESET   Remote Administrator Server  ESET Remote Administrator Webconsole  and Configuration module as present in about dialog in webconsole (in case you cannot access it, please provide at least last modification and exac size of file c:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Server\EraServerApplicationData\Modules\em039_64.dat or its alternative on linux)
  • how you installed ERA, clean installation or upgrade from previous version? What platform?

You have not mentioned whether this error is fatal for using ERA, but in case there is no way around, you can try to manually repair installation.

Edited by MartinK

As I only get the login screen, but cannot login as the Eset Remote Administrator Service starts and stops. The general version is 6.3, the size of em039_32 is 3758 kb and

was last modified on 2-2-2016. ERA was a clean installation on a 32bit windows 2008 server stnd edition. ERA was working last week.

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

As I only get the login screen, but cannot login as the Eset Remote Administrator Service starts and stops. The general version is 6.3, the size of em039_32 is 3758 kb and

was last modified on 2-2-2016. ERA was a clean installation on a 32bit windows 2008 server stnd edition. ERA was working last week.

Thanks for information. We will have to investigate it. In the meantime, you could try "manual installation repair" using SERVER msi installer - it is simple process and you don't have to change configuration.

Also could you please send (PM) me file em039_32.dat before you proceed with installation repair -> there is a chance this file has been corrupted and we would like to investigate it further.

Edited by MartinK