Mirror Tool/IIS Error

I am using ESET's mirror tool to distribute definitions to my local LAN, and the tool is downloading properly.  However, I am not able to get a client to download from the location.

I am using Server 2012R2 with IIS 8.5 over TCP/2221 and everything is working properly from this side and is open on the host firewall.

On the client, I get an error stating that it is unable to connect.  This is a standard Windows 8.1 running ESET Endpoint AV 6.3

However, I am able to access the file on the server through a web browser. So I know it isn't a firewall issue.

Has anyone had any luck with this?

Edited by kingoftheworld

Please share with us was the problem was and how you fixed it so that other users know :) Incorrect proxy server settings?

Certainly.  I used the mirror tool and was able to create the files to a folder in C:\inetput\wwwroot\mirror and did not specify parameters for what product to download since I have ESET4 and ESET 6 clients I thought I may soon point the 4 clients there at some point as well.  I was not aware that I needed to specify down to the folder for ep6 in the policy and was instead just was just pointing it to the root of the update folder "eset_upd". For example I had hxxp://ipaddress:2221instead of hxxp://ipaddress:2221/ep6

• Administrators

A much better solution for caching updates is using a proxy (e.g. Apache HTTP Proxy bundled with the ERA6 All-in-one installers). Using a proxy, you can substantially reduce the traffic between your machines and ESET's update servers. While the mirror tool always needs to download every single update file, with proxy only files that are really needed by clients would be downloaded.

A much better solution for caching updates is using a proxy (e.g. Apache HTTP Proxy bundled with the ERA6 All-in-one installers). Using a proxy, you can substantially reduce the traffic between your machines and ESET's update servers. While the mirror tool always needs to download every single update file, with proxy only files that are really needed by clients would be downloaded.

I am not interested in the proxy.  I have Mac clients that need to have a dual profile setup that is possible with the Windows versions of ESET but is not possible with Mac.  For example, I need Macs to pull updates from an internal source while connected to our network but pull from ESET when away.