eset smart security 9 , windows 10 eccessive files scanned

Hi

i did a test

on the same machine , clean install of windows 10 , 8 and 7 i have installed eset smart security 9 last version

all the settings of eset smart security 9 are the same ,and same hardware

there is only 1 software installed on w10,8,and 7 and it's eset smart security 9

well i did boot w10 and i keep idle for 5 minutes, eset smart security does display to have scanned around 2600 files during the boot and 5 idle minutes

the same machine , under w8.1 and 7 , eset smart security 9 does display around 600 files

real time scanner same settings , extensions ->scan all files Disabled .      scan extensionless files Disabled

why does eset scan so many files under w10 ?

the only program in autostart is eset

prefetch on w10 , 8 and 7 disabled

i have noticed even on other pc , laptop a massive number of scaned files

thanks

• Administrators

Maybe because Windows 10 accesses far more files than Windows 7 on startup? There's no other explanation if both are vanilla systems.

Maybe because Windows 10 accesses far more files than Windows 7 on startup? There's no other explanation if both are vanilla systems.

hi

but maybe , have you tested it ?

Hi

i did a test

on the same machine , clean install of windows 10 , 8 and 7 i have installed eset smart security 9 last version

all the settings of eset smart security 9 are the same ,and same hardware

there is only 1 software installed on w10,8,and 7 and it's eset smart security 9

well i did boot w10 and i keep idle for 5 minutes, eset smart security does display to have scanned around 2600 files during the boot and 5 idle minutes

the same machine , under w8.1 and 7 , eset smart security 9 does display around 600 files

real time scanner same settings , extensions ->scan all files Disabled .      scan extensionless files Disabled

why does eset scan so many files under w10 ?

I cannot find those settings in ESET SS v9. Does such an option exist? I know it was present in v8.