Two Issues with ERA Agent

Go to solution Solved by MartinK,

Hi,

I have the newest version of ERA Server 6.3.12

Unfortunately we have two issues with it:

1. Password protection for agent is not working. I can just click next and agent will be successfully uninstalled. I`ve already configured ESET Policy for agent as described in manual.

2. When we change hostname for workstation that has already installed agent, hostname not refreshes in ERA Console

How we can resolve these two issues?

Regards

• ESET Moderators

Hello RedLine,

Have you set the policy according to hxxp://help.eset.com/era_admin/63/en-US/index.html?admin_pol_password_protection.htm?Was the policy applied correctly? (Can you see it applied in the client's details?)

As for the hostname change, this will be addressed in Endpoint 6.3.

Regards,

T.

• ESET Staff

2. When we change hostname for workstation that has already installed agent, hostname not refreshes in ERA Console

There is a server task called "Rename computers" for this purpose.

There is a server task called "Rename computers" for this purpose.

Unfortunately this task is not working for me. I`ve already changed Targets for this task to dynamic group in which we have computer with changed hostname.. And nothing is happened..

I see in static group (AD OU) my computer, but it`s not showing me that agent is installed on this host.. And I haven`t anymore computer in the same static group (AD OU) with old name.. But I see it in dynamic group with old name, but in details it has new name...

Hello RedLine,

Have you set the policy according to hxxp://help.eset.com/era_admin/63/en-US/index.html?admin_pol_password_protection.htm?Was the policy applied correctly? (Can you see it applied in the client's details?)

As for the hostname change, this will be addressed in Endpoint 6.3.

Regards,

T.

I`ve configured policy as described in this article: hxxp://help.eset.com/era_admin/63/en-US/admin_pol_password_protection.htm(Create a Policy to enable ERA Agent Password protection)

post-10854-0-27028200-1455265399_thumb.png

post-10854-0-69113300-1455265399_thumb.png

post-10854-0-34264100-1455265400_thumb.png

About hostname: I have Endpoint antivirus 6.3.2016.0 and 6.3.2016.1 in my envirement

Edited by RedLine

Ok. I`ve checked password protection for agent and it works.. I thinked that it shouldn`t allow to go to the next page of Uninstall Wizard, but it allow. But when it starts uninstall process then I recieved the error about password protection

But hostname change still not working for me

Edited by RedLine

• ESET Staff

Ok. I`ve checked password protection for agent and it works.. I thinked that it shouldn`t allow to go to the next page of Uninstall Wizard, but it allow. But when it starts uninstall process then I recieved the error about password protection

This is most probably MSI (un)installer limitation. We can check password once we get administrator permissions from user that started uninstallation - and I guess permissions request (UAC) comes at the end of wizard.

Mentioned computers renaming task uses the same data as you can see in client's details view - section "device identifiers" - type computer FQDN. Could you please check if this value is correct for affected client? Also could you please verify that computers renaming task was actually successful?

This is most probably MSI (un)installer limitation. We can check password once we get administrator permissions from user that started uninstallation - and I guess permissions request (UAC) comes at the end of wizard.

Mentioned computers renaming task uses the same data as you can see in client's details view - section "device identifiers" - type computer FQDN. Could you please check if this value is correct for affected client? Also could you please verify that computers renaming task was actually successful?

I`ve tried again with no luck. I`ve copied original rename task and changed target group to Windows Computers Dynamic group. My laptop is placed to this group. On the screenshots you can see FQDN name. But when I run the task nothing is happened :\

post-10854-0-92425800-1455607072_thumb.png

post-10854-0-44136000-1455607073_thumb.png

post-10854-0-87097000-1455607073_thumb.png

post-10854-0-50062100-1455607072_thumb.png

Is it possible to check any logs on the server side fr this task?

Edited by RedLine

I`ve changed target group to the static group in which is placed my computer account for the rename  task and it successfully changed the name. But now I have two computers with the same name in this Static group.

Is it possible automatically delete duplicated computer?

Why this task is not working for dynamic groups?

post-10854-0-15364300-1455607871_thumb.png

Edited by RedLine

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

I`ve changed target group to the static group in which is placed my computer account for the rename  task and it successfully changed the name. But now I have two computers with the same name in this Static group.

Is it possible automatically delete duplicated computer?

Why this task is not working for dynamic groups?

attachicon.gifsuccess.png

There is another task "Delete not connecting computers" for automatic removal of unused computer records - but that wont delete duplicates, but all not connecting computers based on settings.

Alternatively AD synchronization task may be able to "merge" computers with exactly the same name, but not sure you are using it.

Regarding your issue with dynamic group, i forwarded it to testing for further investigation ... it was supposed to work.

Alternatively AD synchronization task may be able to "merge" computers with exactly the same name, but not sure you are using it.

Works like a charm :)