SSL on blocks these forums in Firefox 44.0.1

waking

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this ironic experience. When I enable SSL scanning
in NOD32 8 and try to access these forums using Firefox 44.0.1 I get the following:

"The owner of forum.eset.com has configured their website improperly. To
protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to
this website.

forum.eset.com uses an invalid security certificate.
The certificate is only valid for enterprise-ssl.invisionpower.com"

What have I missed?

post-10836-0-06154800-1455083647_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Normally you should see this forum website to use a certificate issued for forum.eset.com. Invision Power Services is the service provider. Are you continually getting this warning or it was just a glitch that cannot be reproduced?

Normally you should see this forum website to use a certificate issued for forum.eset.com. Invision Power Services is the service provider. Are you continually getting this warning or it was just a glitch that cannot be reproduced?

It's odd. Still get it. Here's the steps I took:

(1) Opened FF and cleared the cache, Closed FF.

(2) Opened NOD32 8, went to Advanced setup.

(3) Set to "Always scan SSL protocol". Checked the two boxes "Apply created exceptions

based on certificates" and "Block ... SSL v2".

(4) Under Certificates I have checked "Add the root certificate to known browsers"

(5) Clicked OK and closed NOD32 GUI.

(6) Opened FF and went to forum.eset.com

(7) Got a popup from ESET (see attached).

(8) If I click on "Yes" I get an error message from FF (not the one shown in my first post).

(9) If I tell FF to Try Again, the same NOD32 dialog pops up.

(10) If I answer "Yes, always" the cert gets added to NOD32's "Trusted Certificates".

But then I get the message from FF that I attached in my opening post.

I suppose I could just click on "Add Exception" in that FF dialog, but it seems strange

that I should have to do that.

FWIW on another system here with Bitdefender IS 2015 and SSL scanning enabled, I don't

get that FF message from these forums.

post-10836-0-06820500-1455100246_thumb.jpg

This only happens when going to forum.eset.com and no other HTTPS site? And it only happens with SSL scanning enabled?

In the ESET SSL scanning dialog can you please click on the certificate and post a screenshot here?
Please also click in the Firefox message on "Add Exception..." and click on "Show..." (or similar) to display the certificate. Please make a screenshot of this too.

In both cases you can also find an "export" button somewhere (e.g. in the details tab), so you can save the cert and attach it here too (or link to it as I think the file extension is not allowed).