Reactivation after failed uninstall

• ESET Insiders

I was unable to get ESS 9 to uninstall from my desktop machine the last time around. Had to run the uninstall tool in safe mode. Now when I reinstall, it activates with a different machine name than previously (a "1" is appended). Does this mean I am burning up 3 of 3 license for 2 machines? If I can mange my own antitheft online, why can't I reset a license?

• ESET Staff

Hi @xxJackxx,

You are not very clear about the problem.

Is an "activation license" problem or is an "anti-theft activation-link" computer?

Side note: related to anti-theft, if you uninstall ESET and install again, this will be a new profile in Anti-theft website,

delete or not is up to you. If you delete no information will be stored or any other data, there is no back from this

action.

• ESET Insiders

Ok, after I typed a nice lengthy reply I was reminded by this forum software that I was not logged in and unlike every other forum I have ever used it dumps my text instead of prompting me to log in. Long story short, I suspect that ESET's license system shows me burning an activation I am not using because their uninstaller failed. After having removed it from all of my machines, if I decide I want to use it again I will contact support. :wacko:

• ESET Insiders

Hi @xxJackxx,

That happens to me sometimes, so when I go for a long text I use any text editor

and later paste the reply.

Go for support! :)

Will do. Thanks for responding.