WANTED Admin Feedback on ESET Remote Administrator 6.3

It still feels to me as unfinished product. Many things are still left to be configured outside central web console (Mirror Tool for example...). Documentation is still incomplete. However it's step in right direction since 6.2. We are still on v5 waiting for miracle to happen, v6 to be production ready.

• ESET Staff

Hi @mackintire,

In the forum there are some step mention by @Marcos (I think) about moving from

version 6.2 to 6.3.

I assume you are on an enterprise, so is to good to suggest a test environment until you

get used to the new "architecture" and system :)

6.3 brings many improvements. For me, the best things are clicking a client and choosing Run Task to run an existing task; previously you could only create a new task. Also, if a task fails there's a Rerun option.

Still no viable way to see why a task failed though, and I miss seeing a date and time on client tasks so I've no idea to see when they last ran.

I've never had any real issues with v6, I've always found it to be mostly fine, but I know other people absolutely hate it. If you like v6 in general then the upgrade to 6.3 is worthwhile.

Actually I had to revert to 6.2 snapshot on vmware virtual appliance (centOS based). I was happy at the beginning with percentage of failed/succeeded client tasks, protecting agent by pass etc, but cons are stronger for me in 6.3:

• I saw task target, but I wasn't able to edit those (maybe just I didn't get it right)
  • when there was a task execution list, I had no idea how to see time of occurrence, I could just select last 10/100/1000 rows, so it might be week ago or year ago, very confusing for me

Agreed, task execution list is badly missing a. "Last executed" date and time. Otherwise there's no indication of a failure was recent or from weeks ago, especially when the rerun option doesn't add a new row.

• ESET Insiders

If you are already on 6.2 there is no reason not to upgrade 6.3.

Once you have seen the changes, they are quite nice.