Unable to activate ESS 7 beta using same email address

• ESET Insiders

I reinstalled Eset Smart Security 7 beta last night, and was unable to activate it using my email address. The prompt informed me that there was already an account with that email address. I know there is already an account with that email address because it is mine. I had to use another email address of mine to activate it in order to be able to even use the beta version again.  Today it is giving me an option to activate it again. I am choosing activate beta version so I do not know why it does not want to allow me to install it more than once with the same account.  I use a baseline image without ESS installed for testing. I use that baseline image to beta test several other security applications so I often have to roll back my machine in order to test other security applications. This requires me to reinstall ESS beta again.  At the present time the tray icon is indicating that there is one item that needs my attention. It wants me to activate ESS again now.

Edited by cutting_edgetech

• ESET Moderators

Hello Cutting_edgetech,

have you received your beta license credentials on your e-mail?

You could activate your beta with them, just select activate using a username and password.

Hello Cutting_edgetech,

You could activate your beta with them, just select activate using a username and password.

I did that yesterday, it worked great. :)

Edited by SweX

• ESET Insiders

Hello Cutting_edgetech,

Yes, I received them. I tried that, and it worked thanks! I thought I had to use the beta option each time.