Microsoft Windows Update notifications

Gus

Hi, i've got the Microsoft Windows update Notifications activated on my Eset Endpoint Antivirus and when it finds update, i click on the "view more information" and the System update window appear.  It shows the update available but when i click ont the Run System Update button, the windows system update doesn't appear so i'm unable to start those updates and if i go directly to Windows update, those updates aren't available.

I've got windows 10 and Eset 6.3.2016.0, am i the only one with this problem?  Is there any way to solve that issue?

Thank you for your help.

• Administrators

Windows 10 also notifies about the availability of driver updates that are available for download from the website of particular vendors.

I have the same problem. It seems that Endpoint Security shows additional updates but after running a system update no updates are found. I disabled that feature in Endpoint Security, but I suspect there really are new updates to be installed - but not via Microsoft update?

• ESET Staff

Hi Gus,

I believe is a Windows 10 issue like "that is do by design and is not a flaw".

Even in my PC I have no control about which updates Windows 10 is going to install

and don't show me the "optionals".

As you I have many drivers listed on the window by ESET as optionals or recommended updates

(so Microsoft list them as available to update to be done), but those never show up on the list to do.

If you find a way to install Optional updates on Windows 10, let me know. ;)

Ok.  Thank you for your help.  If i ever find a way to install optional updates on Windows 10, i'll let you know.

• ESET Staff

Hi,

Was suggested to me the "Windows Update Minitool" (hxxp://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/windows_update_minitool.html)

to get some updates.

I don't test yet but says they trigger Windows Update system to download all updates you mark.