Quickbooks bank reconciliation process taking much longer after V9 upgrade

tmuster2k

My customer reports that a lot of his end users are complaining that after the upgrade to version 9.x (fresh install after uninstall) that the bank reconciliation process takes much longer than it did with V8.  "after you select all of the transactions that have cleared, then you hit the finish button, it was taking more than a minute to finalize.When I disabled the Eset real time protection, it took less than a second" 

This is for the Quickbooks 2014 ACCOUNTING Version. If customer excludes his user profile:   c:\users\Joe   then there is no issue. I haven't been able to drill down anymore than this directory. None of these issues happened with V8 and no exclusions were even set in the advanced settings. They are also having a slowdown with older version of Wordperfect since upgrade to V9. I will be doing callback with customer in a few days and just wanted to start this to get any input before my callback. 

• Administrators

Whenever there's an issue with performance and temporarily disabling real-time protection or excluding the appropriate folder helps, we'll need a Process monitor log with advanced output enabled in the menu. The log should capture operations carried out within 1-2 minutes when the issue occurs. If it's a client-server application, we'd need 2 logs - one from the client and the other one from the server from the very same time.

Once you have the log ready, compress it, upload it to a safe location and pm me the download link.

Whenever there's an issue with performance and temporarily disabling real-time protection or excluding the appropriate folder helps, we'll need a Process monitor log with advanced output enabled in the menu. The log should capture operations carried out within 1-2 minutes when the issue occurs. If it's a client-server application, we'd need 2 logs - one from the client and the other one from the server from the very same time.

Once you have the log ready, compress it, upload it to a safe location and pm me the download link.

Will do. Should have the logs ready for you manana. Thanks, Marcos. 

• 4 months later...