Warning in Event viewer

• Most Valued Members

I receive the following warning in Event viewer when I enable SSL/TLS Protocol Filtering:

​EventID 1530

​1 user registry handles leaked from \Registry\User\S-1-5-21-946013145-1953874808-2526820905-1000: Process 188 (\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\ekrn.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-946013145-1953874808-2526820905-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Network\Location Awareness

Once I disable SSL/TLS I no longer receive the warning.

​I'm using Pale Moon as my Internet browser and note that the Eset Certificate is not installed. Is this something I need to do and will it stop the above warning? On the other hand is this just something I don't need to worry about or should I just leave SSL/TLS disabled?

​Thanks.

​Window 7 Sp1 x64

• Administrators

Do do you get this message when performing a specific task or operation? According to the answer from Microsoft at hxxp://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/source-user-profile-service-event-id-1530-level/da1e545b-c69b-4f7b-97b2-26d45158dff8?auth=1- "This is a common warning message for some services and can usually be safely ignored, unless you are experiencing problems with this specific component".

• Most Valued Members

Do do you get this message when performing a specific task or operation? According to the answer from Microsoft at hxxp://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/source-user-profile-service-event-id-1530-level/da1e545b-c69b-4f7b-97b2-26d45158dff8?auth=1- "This is a common warning message for some services and can usually be safely ignored, unless you are experiencing problems with this specific component".

Thanks for the reply.

No not a specific action it appears at every boot but like I said only when SSL/TLS is enabled. I don't notice any adverse effects in the operations.

What are the disadvantages of leaving SSL/TLS disabled?

Should I add the Eset Certificate to my Pale Moon Browser? Perhaps that may be the cause.

• Most Valued Members

Does anyone know the hazards for having SSL/TLS disabled? I tried the import of the Certificate to Pale Moon but I found that it slows it down and I'm still getting the warning. Some how ignoring it doesn't seem like the thing to do.

Any information would be appreciated.

• Administrators

With SSL/TLS scanning disabled, you'll lose:

- blocking of malicious https websites / urls

- the ability to block access to certain https websites (also pertains to Parental Control)

- email scanning in other than supported email clients.

• Most Valued Members

Thank you Marcos I appreciate the reply and information.

It's unfortunate that there doesn't appear to be a solution other then to ignore the registry warnings or disable SSL/TLS. I will consider this and decide what to do from here.