AV-Test: Nov-Dec 2015

SweX

• ESET Insiders

Solid showing by Eset but nothing spectacular. I finally experienced what *may* AV-Test have witnessed in a performance slowdown - copying the unzipped DDU onto a USB drive took an age as ESS scanned each file before copying onto the drive.

Interesting reading Wilder's Security Forums as one of the current test darlings causing mayhem on people's PC's with constant performance issues (AKA slowdowns). It's exactly what I had when I tried the same software.

Interesting to see that a FREE program (Avast) is better than what I use.

Yea, time to leave the ship :rolleyes:;)

Yep, back to Avast. ;)

I see. Let us know if their ship is better  ;) 

• ESET Insiders

A test is simply a snapshot in time. I've seen Wilder's posters change their AV on a daily basis based off a single test or some other whim. Good for Avast! customers/fans that it out performed Eset's offerings in one test; same for BitDefender and Kaspersky Labs customers too.

I don't care about Eset's 'score' given it protects me just fine and causes zero issues and zero lag on my PC. AV-Test has always thrown up some interesting results for Eset products, specifically in the performance area.

A lot of these tests aren't worth worrying about given that (a) many vendors have specific departments dedicated to getting the highest detection scores possible within tests  - which has little correlation to real world situations (b) several AV vendors have been caught manipulating their own software to try and obtain the highest detection scores possible and © many of the AV vendors and testing organisations appear (to an outsider such as myself) as having very close relationships e.g test sponsorships.

In the end it's largely left to the individual to try various AV products and hope they find one that suits them best. I found that in ESS after years of KIS.

I'm with TJP (big surprise...right SweX?).

Joe, if you do choose to test it on one of your machines, please do report back. I am curious (yes I know curiosity KO'd the feline ;) ).

Edited by TomFace

I'm with TJP (big surprise...right SweX?).

Joe, if you do choose to test it on one of your machines, please do report back. I am curious (yes I know curiosity KO'd the feline ;) ).

I'm not touching it Tom. :)

To make things clear - I included a high dose of sarcasm when I made the previous posts (except the very first post which is based on facts) :D

To make things clear - I included a high dose of sarcasm when I made the previous posts (except the very first post which is based on facts) :D

You?!? Sarcastic?!?!...... ;)

No, never ever, I am always 100% serious :D

No, never ever, I am always 100% serious :D

Sure you are. ;)