ERA Agent installation

Hi, 

I'm using ESET Virtual Appliance 6.3 and I've successfully configured it.

Now I have to install Agent in Linux system using Live installer.

I have shared a folder on windows system which contains Agent installation file (Windows file path: \\servername\eset\Agent-Linux-x86_64.sh), but I am unable to understand what would be the link to be entered in installer file (EraAgentInstaller.sh) to get & install the Agent installer file over the LAN.

For Windows agent installer I have edited path from ESET repository to file://\\servername\eset\agent_x64.msi and it works fine.

So kindly suggest how to install Agent in Linux using Agent live installer.

Hi, 

I have shared a folder on windows system which contains Agent installation file (Windows file path: \\servername\eset\Agent-Linux-x86_64.sh), but I am unable to understand what would be the link to be entered in installer file (EraAgentInstaller.sh) to get & install the Agent installer file over the LAN.

For Windows agent installer I have edited path from ESET repository to file://\\servername\eset\agent_x64.msi and it works fine.

Simply download .sh to you machine, login and run it from shell

Mirko

Hi, 

Mirko

Thanks for you reply...

If I do as you said then the agent file will be downloaded from the ESET repository and it will consume internet bandwidth to install in each and every client workstation which I don't want.

As I said earlier that I have shared Agent installer file in my network on windows PC and I want to replace the path from repository.eset.com to my shared network path in EraAgentInstaller.sh file.

Hi, 

Mirko

Thanks for you reply...

If I do as you said then the agent file will be downloaded from the ESET repository and it will consume internet bandwidth to install in each and every client workstation which I don't want.

As I said earlier that I have shared Agent installer file in my network on windows PC and I want to replace the path from repository.eset.com to my shared network path in EraAgentInstaller.sh file.

Ok, sorry for that, looking to EraAgentInstaller.sh it uses WGET to download from repository, so you have to deploy it over http.

You should download agent from eset and copy to tomcat ERA webconsole dir - under debian is /var/lib/tomcatX/webapps/era, so doing you'll have to change from hxxp://repository.eset.com/blablablato hxxp://IP_OR_HOSTNAME_OF_YOUR_ERASERVER_WEBCONSOLE/agentscript

Mirko