ESET is Freezing the PC

Dear All,

We have ESET endpoin Security lisences for 150 users. Since the deployment almost half of the PC's are getiing FREEZ of and on. Under the Virus logs its showing CONFICKER infected, I downloaded anto Conficker tool from ESET website, it says the system is not conficker infected. I am just fed-up, please guide me if some fine uning is required

kaleem

Dear Moderator,

This Hotfix for Freezing issue?? How about anti Conficker tool nt detecting any Conficker on Windows 7/Window Server 2003/2008?

Please also advise if need to do some Performance tunning? I am also not able to install ESET Remote admin from ESET Console giving some Errors on most of the Work Stations?

Is it possible to install it using Windows Server Group Policy?

• Administrators

This Hotfix for Freezing issue??

Yes, the said Microsoft hotfix is for issues with the system freezing.

How about anti Conficker tool nt detecting any Conficker on Windows 7/Window Server 2003/2008?

The Conficker cleaner is basically the on-demand scanner that is also part of every ESET's product. For more information about Conficker prevention, please refer to hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2209. Note that besides installing the appropriate hotfixes on older systems, it's also necessary to change account passwords to sophisticated ones.

Please also advise if need to do some Performance tunning?

We recommend using default settings. Just make sure that ESET LiveGrid is enabled as it substantially reduces reaction time to new threats and also improves performance by skipping trusted (whitelisted) files during a scan.

I am also not able to install ESET Remote admin from ESET Console giving some Errors on most of the Work Stations? Is it possible to install it using Windows Server Group Policy?

It's not clear if you mean installation of agent or Endpoint itself. You can deploy Live agent installer via GPO on machines and then send a software install task that will install and activate Endpoint as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply, this BUG FIX is nto working for. Giving some error " Device not detected"

Shall i install it post eset installation or before?

Please also share some info for better performace of ESET

• ESET Staff

Hi @kaleemullahbilal,

You can do some ESET SysInspector log of the infected machines in order to find

if is really a conficker infection or the remains of one.

Also, do you perform a Deep cleaning task of those infected PC using ESET?

What version of ESET Endpoint and ERA are you using?

In my opinion, the "better performance settings" are those by default.

Unless you have some specific computers doing something like not usual work

(like a normal PC doing a Server job) so you need to set an special configuration

for that X case.

Edited by Gonzalo Alvarez

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gonzalo,

I am running the following versions of ERA and ENDPOINT AV.

ESET Endpoint Antivirus 6

ESET Remote Administrator (Server), Version 6.2.171.0

ESET Remote Administrator (Web Console), Version 6.2.155.0

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...