client last connection information not updated

Hi Guys,

I am facing one problem in my environment i.e Client computer are up to date with latest antivirus update definition but somehow the client last connection information not updated. it's showing last login one week ago. But client already logged in and updated.

I have restarted the services eset administrator console and also restarted the server but no luck. Any idea why this was not updated 

post-10619-0-39071200-1453652316_thumb.jpg

• ESET Moderators

Hi,

VSD updates are not necessarily related to ERA connection, as the client may update directly from ESET's servers.

Please check the client's settings, specifically the address to the ERA server. Is your server accessible under this address? (Haven't you changed the IP address or the hostname of the server?)

T.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, we have same problem,

Last week i updated the server. from that time the server wont update de clients last connection date.

Everything else looks good, client tasks are run and showing correct progress ( planned, failed, runnning, finished successfully )

The clients report correct and updated information. only the date last connected is not correct

Restarting the server is only a temporary workaround.  From my understanding the MySQL service at midnight is supposed to clean the cache on the ERA server and thus update the client last connected list.  It appears this is not happening.  We are running the ERA Virtual Appliance and in another thread it was suggested to "add innodb_lock_wait_timeout=600 to your MySQL configuration (/etc/my.cnf) into [mysqld] section and restart database server".  We performed these steps but it has not had any effect, we are still experiencing this problem.

Is there an update regarding this ESET?

• ESET Staff

Restarting the server is only a temporary workaround.  From my understanding the MySQL service at midnight is supposed to clean the cache on the ERA server and thus update the client last connected list.  It appears this is not happening.  We are running the ERA Virtual Appliance and in another thread it was suggested to "add innodb_lock_wait_timeout=600 to your MySQL configuration (/etc/my.cnf) into [mysqld] section and restart database server".  We performed these steps but it has not had any effect, we are still experiencing this problem.

Is there an update regarding this ESET?

Could you please try it with even larger number, i.e. innodb_lock_wait_timeout=3600? Proper/minimal value depends on available resources and overall performance of MySQL database.

GNP67 - thanks.  After adding the "Threading = 0" to the odbcinst.inf file in conjunction with the "innodb_lock_wait_timeout=600" and a restart of the server, it is now updating the "Last Connected" column as it should.  

Edited by erothenberg