Server crash when backup run

Alexisonfire

Hi,

I have multiple server that randomly crash during the night backup. I suspect that the backup mix with the high usage of the cpu make the system crash. Not sure about that.

During the day, system look stable.

Most of the server are Win 2008 R2. Happen sometime on Win 7 x64 PC.

EEA 6.2.2033.1

ERA 6.2.171.0

• Administrators

On servers you should have a server product (ESET File Security) installed. It allows for excluding processes from scanning so excluding the one which performs backup should do the trick.

well. on my licence I only have EEA and ESS. Does ESS is the one your talking about?

And for the backup, it's the VSS shadow copy...

Shouldn't eset exclude that process by default?

Edited by Alexisonfire

After I checked my licence, I only have the endpoint antivirus. I'll have to buy some licence to make the file server security work.

Anyway, is there a way to know why it is doing so? So far we have uninstall it from some server and magic happen. no more crash or slowness issue.

We are using it on terminal server and with some production server. Outside of telling us to use file security, can you point us where to look to find what and why this is happening?

I found nothing in event viewer or eset log.

Only thing I found is this: Warning: NetworkModule [Thread 94c]: The connection will be closed due to timeout.

Edited by Alexisonfire

• Administrators

It depends on how many seats you have purchased. Please contact the distributor or reseller from whom you purchased your ESET license to find out if they could replace your license with a bundle that also includes ESET File Security.