Time to switch to ESS v9 or stick with v8?

I'm working on migrating to Win10 from Win7 (swappable HDDs). I have ESS v8 running on Win7 and ESS v9 running on Win10. I'm not using Win10 much just slowly getting apps installed that I want. Thought I'd check in and see if v9 is the way to go yet or if people are still waiting. Considering installing it on Win7.

It seems a few features such as opening tools in a separate new window and the option of enabling/disabling "scan all files" in real-time settings have been removed. Some other stuff has been reshuffled too. 

• ESET Moderators

Hi kunjar, which features do you have in mind specifically? I can still see the option to open the log files or watch activity in a new window in v9.

Hi kunjar, which features do you have in mind specifically? I can still see the option to open the log files or watch activity in a new window in v9.

Hello Tomas, I cannot find the option in v9, to open network connections in a new window. I used to rely heavily on this feature to monitor network traffic especially when troubleshooting issues and also identifying ip addresses/ranges. Has it been removed? 

Also in real-time settings, there used to be an option in v8 to enable/disable "scan all files". Now while the default settings were good I preferred to have ESET v8 only scan the main file extensions. A list would appear after you unchecked "scan all files". Is there anyway of mirroring that in v9? I feel that this provides that extra snappy performance while not compromising much on protection.

Edited by kunjar