Agent and eset program installed, connected but not visualized in ERA6

Hi Team,

I have installed ESET Agent and ESET Endpoint. 
I can execute an ESET product installtion using agent and request configuration from agent or from eset product, but 
in COMPUTER i haven't any kind of correct visualization from agent  

Do you have any idea about it?post-54-0-26352700-1453219293_thumb.jpg

• ESET Staff

Hello,

we have seen similar problems when MariaDB database has been used instead of "original" MySQL - is this your case? If you are using supported database type, could you check SERVER trace.log for errors that could indicate possible problems?

• 2 weeks later...

I have this exact same problem.

Everything should be correct, If I set up a remote Agent deployment the task succeeds and all agents are installed successfully but never show as being so in the ERA console. Installation tasks never run.

The answer above confuses me, I am using the packaged database SQL 2014 with the 6.3 installation package and just installed via the wizard.

• ESET Staff

Hi Team,

I have installed ESET Agent and ESET Endpoint. 

I can execute an ESET product installtion using agent and request configuration from agent or from eset product, but 

in COMPUTER i haven't any kind of correct visualization from agent  

Do you have any idea about it?attachicon.gifint_1.jpg

Could you be more specific about what sort of information is outdated? Are at least last connection times updated? IS there any difference if you go to "client details"? In case only main clients view is outdated and you are using ERA on linux, check topic: https://forum.eset.com/topic/7249-simultaneous-connection-count/

Does restarting SERVER make difference? In case no, please check logs on affected clients -> there may be connection problems.

• ESET Staff

I have this exact same problem.

Everything should be correct, If I set up a remote Agent deployment the task succeeds and all agents are installed successfully but never show as being so in the ERA console. Installation tasks never run.

The answer above confuses me, I am using the packaged database SQL 2014 with the 6.3 installation package and just installed via the wizard.

Please check trace logs on one of affected (not connecting) client computer located in directory C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\trace.log. Status log (status.html) located in the same directory should provide last connection error.

Thank you. It looks like this is a certificate error. I suspected this and already tried to recreate my Certification authority and redeploy with a new agent cert.

Last error in the log is this.

"2016-01-28 23:52:58 Error: CReplicationModule [Thread 1b34]: CReplicationManager: Replication (network) connection to 'host: "SERVER" port: 2222' failed with: Receive: NodSslWriteEncryptedData: Incorrect/unknown certificate or key format.

2016-01-28 23:53:58 Error: CAgentSecurityModule [Thread 1204]: Certificated user verification failed with: VerifyDnsSubjectAltName: Certificate SubjectAltName extension does not have any supported records
2016-01-28 23:53:58 Error: NetworkModule [Thread e2c]: Verify user failed for all computers: 192.168.0.8: VerifyDnsSubjectAltName: Certificate SubjectAltName extension does not have any supported records
2016-01-28 23:53:58 Error: NetworkModule [Thread e2c]: Receive: NodSslWriteEncryptedData: Incorrect/unknown certificate or key format., ResolvedIpAddress:192.168.0.8, ResolvedHostname:, ResolvedPort:2222
2016-01-28 23:53:58 Error: NetworkModule [Thread e2c]: Protocol failure for session id 13, error:Receive: NodSslWriteEncryptedData: Incorrect/unknown certificate or key format.
2016-01-28 23:53:58 Error: CReplicationModule [Thread eec]: CReplicationManager: Replication (network) connection to 'host: "SERVER" port: 2222' failed with: Receive: NodSslWriteEncryptedData: Incorrect/unknown certificate or key format.

Worked out what the issue was. On installation the certificates where somehow corrupted. Which meant only the ERA server machine was showing with an agent active.

Running and installation repair on the Remote administrator program resolved this, and the default certificates were recreated,

Was able to successfully deploy the agent to a target computer.

However, now the problem remains is that the ERA server which always reported it had an agent running. (but wasn't connecting correctly) refuses to acknowledge the bad agent install has been removed and will not take a pushed remote install from the console. So, I tried a manual removing it and reinstalling using the live installer and corrected certificate and it still cannot connect to the console. (I assume cause it's never really been able too.)

Really tearing my hair out about this now.

Is there some way to force the database to remove that it has an agent installed manually? Or is there any other solution?

thanks

• ESET Staff

Worked out what the issue was. On installation the certificates where somehow corrupted. Which meant only the ERA server machine was showing with an agent active.

Running and installation repair on the Remote administrator program resolved this, and the default certificates were recreated,

Was able to successfully deploy the agent to a target computer.

However, now the problem remains is that the ERA server which always reported it had an agent running. (but wasn't connecting correctly) refuses to acknowledge the bad agent install has been removed and will not take a pushed remote install from the console. So, I tried a manual removing it and reinstalling using the live installer and corrected certificate and it still cannot connect to the console. (I assume cause it's never really been able too.)

Really tearing my hair out about this now.

Is there some way to force the database to remove that it has an agent installed manually? Or is there any other solution?

thanks

Not sure i understand you correctly - remaining problem is AGENT installed on the same machine as SERVER (because remote deployment to "localhost" does not work)? In case you manually uninstalled and again installed AGENT, it will show up in "Lost&Found" group as new computer - original computer record won't be used anymore and you can delete it. In case new computer does not show up, please check status log.

Resolved.

Was able to get it to work with a fresh manual server assisted installation manually from the machine itself.

thanks.

Edited by Via_Negativa